Teaser of the electric GMC Sierra

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

And when they say teaser, they mean it. It's just a view of the front end. At least it continues to look like a truck.

One interesting point:
All of them will be built on GM’s “Ultium” platform , which includes a “modular” battery that can be upgraded with extra cells for more range or performance as needed for each vehicle.
and
While no information was revealed about the Sierra’s capability, Chevrolet has confirmed the all-electric Silverado will have available four-wheel steering, a fixed-glass roof, and an estimated 644 kilometres of range on a full charge.

If that 4 wheel steering helps with the abysmal turning radius of these trucks, I'm all for it.

Will be interesting to see what the towing capabilities will be.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
And after 6 months, GM will tell everyone that they'll then be required to pay a monthly service fee to use that 4 wheel steer feature :rotfl:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
And after 6 months, GM will tell everyone that they'll then be required to pay a monthly service fee to use that 4 wheel steer feature :rotfl:
Pretty sure BMW or someone did that for theirs in europe.

Looks good enough I guess. Still can't really justify charging times yet but it's getting better. Wouldn't have been able to do my 600 mile trip yesterday without a couple stops for a while.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yep, it all depends on how long it takes to charge it up and availability of charging stations. Makes sense whenever you stop to rest or eat to charge it up. Also good for safety. It will be a challenge in both of our big countries where there are sometimes long distances between towns or stops.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
It would work fine for me going back and forth to work and the store. But at that point I'd just get a car vs a truck for that purpose... Most others wouldn't however.

Reactions: Redbeard

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
Going to make a prediction here: someone is going to make a bed-mounted gas generator for self-charging that will use the same form factor as today's bed-mounted tool boxes. In the same vein, modify existing gas powered welders to support plug-in recharge.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Kinda like what the Volt was.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online