TCM LOCATION

John Koda

Original poster
Dec 9, 2020
Rural Maine
Hi all cn anyone tell me were to find the transmission control module......on a 2005 Trailblazer 4.2. My drive light on my dashboard is dim and I'm looking for the reason ...I cannot hardly see what gear it's in

Thanks everyone

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Thats not going to be your TCM. Just the LED light on your cluster going bad. Very common for all GM cars and trucks.

Search around for someone that will repair your cluster. I had mine done for 120 with new stepper motors, and LED's.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And there is no separate TCM. It's all in the PCM. And as @TollKeeper said, it's an issue with your cluster.

Reactions: mrrsm and TJBaker57

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Hi all cn anyone tell me were to find the transmission control module......on a 2005 Trailblazer 4.2. My drive light on my dashboard is dim and I'm looking for the reason ...I cannot hardly see what gear it's in

Thanks everyone

There is no separate transmission control module on that truck. The functions of the transmission are combined with the engine control in the powertrain control module, a PCM.

Reactions: mrrsm

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
It's a module soldered to the circuit board in your cluster. I was going to tackle it myself but my solder skills are not great, and the possibility of causing serious and unrepairable damage, given the tiny size of the contacts, was just too great. I left it to the expert. Fixed the non-existent odometer, PRNDL and new bulbs and clusters was about $300 Cdn. Worth it.

It turned out the best person in Canada for this work was about 20 minutes east of where I lived, so I could drop it off and pick it up. Been perfect ever since.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR