TB won’t start w other issues HELP!!!

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
I went to go to the store and started my truck, as it has been doing every once in awhile it would tick (the tick you get when you try to start but the battery is dead) then it started, I let it warm up then went to the store and shut it off. Came out and went to start it and nothing not even a tic. So I went under the hood and jiggled the wires just to check and my dash lights were on but still no start, no power windows or locks and no chime letting me know my key was in the ignition and as we all know if the battery is dead our trucks will not release the keys.
So I walked home and went back down with my son to jump it and while the lights on the dash were no longer dim (the lights for the gears and mileage) still the same no windows or locks no chime and nothing from the starter so I’m assuming it’s a fuse, relay or the ignition?? So which of the For mentioned fuse/relay do all of these have in common because being it’s 10 degrees out I have no desire to walk there and go threw them one by one. Thanks you very much!

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Start with a Charged (NOT Charging...) Battery and Hook up an OBD2 Code Reader First and see what pops up. Really COLD Weather can take a Marginal Battery down like the Federales took The Alamo! IF you can get it running... Drive it immediately over to the closest Autozone and ask them Pull a Stress Test on that Battery ...AND ... The Alternator... Let's see what they have to say after that.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Try to get the codes before you put the new battery in though. Once you pull the "bad" battery the PCM will erase the stored codes after a few minutes.

I think fuse 10 powers the PCM. Do you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to the ON position? Fuse 17 is the crank fuse and fuse 22 is the ign e fuse. I would check ALL of the fuses with a multimeter though.

I would also check for 5 volt reference at the MAP sensor. It's the gray wire that should have 5 volts. With the cold weather you might even want to go grab spare relays from a Trailblazer at a you pull it yard.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online