Tb ss grill color choices help

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Well i just got my ss grill and will be putting on soon with other mods waiting in the wing. My problem is im painting the grill summit white to match the body color but as for a color for the bowtie i want to paint it a color but not the norm that will look good instead of black or white. Any help will be appreciated.

View attachment 18596

Attachments

• IMAG0283.jpg
    IMAG0283.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 7

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
At first, I would say white. But you don't want white, black, or gold, so I vote chrome. It will match the wheels.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I would say a silver color, or billet style color.. or since yours is white.. red is a popular color, along with painting your calipers red to match as well.. I've seen that in person and dug it!

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
Boricua SS said:
I would say a silver color, or billet style color.. or since yours is white.. red is a popular color, along with painting your calipers red to match as well.. I've seen that in person and dug it!

:iagree: took the words right off my keyboard

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Okay I also had this in mind, I would like to powdercoat the wheels a charcoal grey, red calipers, the center of the hood + grill + center of bumper ( like the z-71 avalanche silverados tahoes & suburbans ) a black or dark grey. Maybe flowing down the center if the roof. Paint the saab 9-7x rails I have summit white......

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Here's my friends SS... charcoal grey wheels and red calipers.. so you can picture what a red bowtie would look like...and get an idea or red calipers with powder coated wheels..

48a09dc6-a349-0cb7.jpg

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Here's my friends SS... charcoal grey wheels and red calipers.. so you can picture what a red bowtie would look like...and get an idea or red calipers with powder coated wheels..

48a09dc6-a349-0cb7.jpg

Damn I wish my TB was that color instead of white :mad: man thats niiiiiiiiiiiice........I'm for sure powdercoating my wheels charcoal grey and calipers red....thanx I think I know the way now :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
In your opinion do you think my factory wheels in charcoal grey wheels will flow with the white????

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Yea, he pisses me off everytime we get together :crackup:.. I love his color schemes...

Glad we could help feed your mod bug :raspberry:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
TexazReece said:
In your opinion do you think my factory wheels in charcoal grey wheels will flow with the white????

Yea I think it would... there was a photoshop thread on here, where someone photoshops your pic to your thinkings/liking.. I would search for that, submit you pic, and see what someone can photoshop for you to give you an idea..

TB360

Dec 29, 2011
just curious, did you get new headlights too so you can use that SS grille?

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Yea I think it would... there was a photoshop thread on here, where someone photoshops your pic to your thinkings/liking.. I would search for that, submit you pic, and see what someone can photoshop for you to give you an idea..

You sir have been a GREAT HELP :2thumbsup: I will be doing red

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
TexazReece said:
You sir have been a GREAT HELP :2thumbsup: I will be doing red

That's what we're here for :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Mind if I ask what you paid for that grille? Those are pretty tough to find.

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
SBUBandit said:
Mind if I ask what you paid for that grille? Those are pretty tough to find.

I paid $270.00, I got it from a friend in Indiana. He has a Blk one for sale also I could give u his name off tbssowners.com if u want

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
So are you leaving the LT bumper? I always wondered how that would look. *tame my modding dreams*

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Porkins said:
So are you leaving the LT bumper? I always wondered how that would look. *tame my modding dreams*

Yep I'm not a fan of the SS bumper so I'm leaving the lt bumper

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online