TB North Face rack clearance lights

JamesL3

Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
Does anyone know where i can find these things? I've been looking everywhere and no luck, just more people looking for them. Any leads would be appreciated. :confused:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
It was only available a few years. On the old site a few people were asking and they are hard to come by. Try a search over there and keep the discussion going here? :thumbsup:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You won't find new stock anywhere. As stated, they were only put on a few model year LTZs, and there wasn't much production of replacement parts. Your best bet is to find a junked LTZ that hasn't had these broken or scavenged, or come up with a way to make your own. (I tried this, and failed miserably :lipsrsealed:)

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Blckshdw said:
...or come up with a way to make your own. (I tried this, and failed miserably :lipsrsealed:)

A few did on the OS. :crazy:

JamesL3

Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
I found this thread on trailvoy, very helpful. I already found the bulbs, now the harnesses and i'm on my way to purchasing them within the month. First things first, have to install the parts i've already purchased. I'll keep everyone posted as to what i do and if i find them available, and of course, pics upon completion.

Clearance lights - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I think cab lights look better.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You could but I am not a fan of the roof rack lights. I pass a couple Northfaces almost daily in commuting and just not my cup of tea.

matrixTBNF

Nov 28, 2013
Blckshdw said:
You won't find new stock anywhere. As stated, they were only put on a few model year LTZs, and there wasn't much production of replacement parts. Your best bet is to find a junked LTZ that hasn't had these broken or scavenged, or come up with a way to make your own. (I tried this, and failed miserably :lipsrsealed:)
no LTZ got these lights.

only on north face edition 2003-04.
View attachment 31478
View attachment 31479
here mine.. :raspberry:

Attachments

• DSC09886.jpg
    DSC09886.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC09887.jpg
    DSC09887.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 45

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
I think cab lights look better.

I second that! :thumbsup: There is a Northface TB in my hood homes, and it looks silly.

I think I seen somewhere across the sites someone who did Cab lights. Think it's on this board.

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
Used to be a couple North face TBs around here, never really liked the way the lights looked. I do think, however, a combo of the roof rack lights and cab lights could look good. Use the rack lights as your side lights and go with three in the middle to make up a standard 5 light setup. Have never seen one done this way, but I think it could look good if done correctly.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
So what else did the buyer get with North Face edition? Clearance lights and? I'd be all over a "base camp" edition that was functional somewhere North Face pro's, not city folk or weekenders, would find themselves. Think magazine ad shots. Something to compete, with interior aesthetics and comfort, against a GC, xterra, and T4R...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Most of the other items were decorative only. We researched and discussed it a bit on Trailvoy in the day. The "famous" Dirtychevymama had one. The EXT rear cargo shelf *did* get leg attachments, so you could turn it into a picnic table. That sort of crap.

Here's a press release:

The North Face Edition package, available in both two- and four-wheel-drive TrailBlazer and TrailBlazer EXT models, offers unique features that will appeal to outdoor enthusiasts. Starting with a TrailBlazer LTZ or TrailBlazer EXT with the Leather Plus Package, Chevy adds or replaces various equipment. The exterior features lower accent-color body cladding, body-colored outside rear-view mirrors, running lamps, a liftgate luggage rack, headlamp washers, B-pillar badging and even a clothesline. The interior offers unique The North Face seats, mesh map pockets, rain-sense wipers, liftgate lighting, an underfloor storage cargo liner, heavy-duty floor/cargo mats, an adjustable cargo shelf with a table (EXT model only) and The North Face duffel bags and blanket. Several other features are required in order to get The North Face Edition Package, including blackwall tires, skid plates (4WD models), locking rear axle and heated seats.

One of the only features I might put in this winter is a downward facing light inside the liftgate. Of course nowadays it would be LED and not the incandescent in the NF edition.

View attachment 31480

View attachment 31481

Once in a while you can find a duffel bag or throw blanket on Ebay

View attachment 31483

Accessory outlet - pic from the OS

View attachment 31484

Attachments

• 92CAD612-661D-47B3-8612-0FD690261FFF_20.jpg
    92CAD612-661D-47B3-8612-0FD690261FFF_20.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 92CAD612-661D-47B3-8612-0FD690261FFF_21.jpg
    92CAD612-661D-47B3-8612-0FD690261FFF_21.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 92CAD612-661D-47B3-8612-0FD690261FFF_10.jpg
    92CAD612-661D-47B3-8612-0FD690261FFF_10.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 215

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
I had the NorthFace clearance lights installed on my 02 for years until my folks wanted to sell it. As I had $250+ into the 2 light assemblies and 2 wiring harnesses, I removed them. Of course, 2 months later they decided to keep it and it's become my brother's winter rig in Bozeman, MT while he's at school.

Remember there are 2 sets of part numbers, 1 for SWB and 1 for LWB trucks. But, I guarantee you that none are available, I had a heck of a time ordering mine back in 06/07.

And no, just because I have them (sitting in a box currently...:frown:) doesnt mean I'm going to sell them. Once my brother graduates, Im going to turn the 02 into my trail/offroad rig and TNF lights will go back on. :cool:

jadamski

Nov 19, 2013
I have a friend with this NF edition. Was wondering how the heck you change the bulbs. Been looking for an answer and all i can seem to find is people wanting to add them on or get rid of them. I just want to make the one side work. any help would be great

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Most likely take the rail cover off and twist the connector to get the bulb out of the lens housing.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Why would someone subject their vehicle to this as a mod? Maybe it's just me - in West Virginia, ALL exterior lights must work to pass, and clearance lights are included (according to a person who was failed for having a bulb out on their five-star in an exterior visor). Seems kinda useless to me to make sure your rack will clear when you could be EXTREME NORTH FACE OFFROADING! (tm) where the gear would extend beyond the rack.

jadamski

Nov 19, 2013
I dont know why someone would wanna do the mod but mine are stock on the NFE... I just want to know how to change the bulb

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
jadamski said:
I dont know why someone would wanna do the mod but mine are stock on the NFE... I just want to know how to change the bulb

Did you not read my reply? :undecided:

jadamski

Nov 19, 2013
Yes sorry i didnt see yours till after i read the other... I will have them try this and let ya know thank you for your help...:thumbsup:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
jadamski said:

Well if it's stock then whatever, lol. However looking at other posts, if you ever get rid of the truck and can salvage the harnesses and the plastic up top you can probably make a pretty buck since others are scrounging high and low for it.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
jadamski said:
I have a friend with this NF edition. Was wondering how the heck you change the bulbs. Been looking for an answer and all i can seem to find is people wanting to add them on or get rid of them. I just want to make the one side work. any help would be great

I come with a super-official answer! Download the technical manuals in the sticky post under Technical Discussion. Specifically you want the 02-05 bundle. Open up the Exterior Lights PDF file and go to Page 267. Complete removal and installation instructions are there.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
So what you are saying is you found the official answer... You did not give the official answer... :raspberry: RTFM?

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
djthumper said:
So what you are saying is you found the official answer... You did not give the official answer... :raspberry: RTFM?

Yes, the official answer was refer to the designated service manual, specifically that page :raspberry: apparently you just have to pop the lens itself off.

matrixTBNF

Nov 28, 2013
more then easy.. but I always forget witch bulbs goes there..

KenteK

Aug 3, 2020
Ontario Canada
Does anyone know where i can find these things? I've been looking everywhere and no luck, just more people looking for them. Any leads would be appreciated. :confused:
ebay

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
After re-reading this very old thread, it reminded me that there are two different models. One for SWB and the other for LWB/EXT. These are for EXT only.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I wonder if it would be possible to reproduce them using a 3D printer? :undecided:

Reactions: Reprise

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Should be pretty much child's play, considering what's coming out of those printers now.

Even if they couldn't print an amber lens, they could print clear lenses and have the end user put an amber (LED) bulb in the socket.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.