TB loaded down :)

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys, im putting in a patio for my mom. So the TB is deff getting its workout.

This was gravel and sand bags from home depot (probly around 800 pounds)

I always wondered what itd look like with the rear lowed.. now i know. lol.

Heres pics, you can tell when it was loaded down with the material, when the material was unloaded, and a pic of the stuff. the spare tire had about 2 inches of ground clearence. haha

Just thought id share. :smile:
-Dan

Attachments

• 0513121536a.jpg
    0513121536a.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 0513121659.jpg
    0513121659.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 0513121540.jpg
    0513121540.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 15

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Heh, mine looked at least that low when I filled the back end full of rackmount servers that I was transporting for work. Drives a little funny when loaded down heavily :biggrin:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
A clear case of truck abuse:biggrin:
Wondering...does the TB have air ride or springs?...Mike.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
No TB except the SS had the air ride option. Envoy and 1 or 2 other platforms only.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
the roadie said:
No TB except the SS had the air ride option. Envoy and 1 or 2 other platforms only.

HUH...did not know that,thanks!
I'm finding out that with all the badges that this platform wore it seems to have been an automotive engineers dream.My friends Saab surprises me every time I poke around it.....Mike.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
northcreek said:
...it seems to have been an automotive engineers dream....
As a non-automotive engineer, the platform is full of items that they were testing out on us, but were ultimately failures. The electroviscous fan clutch, the front differential bolted to the SIDE of the oil pan, the lack of a PCV valve in the I6 that causes throttle body gum-ups, the weak HVAC actuators that croak when you change batteries. These were well-meaning cock-ups. Then there were the truly EVIL design decisions that plague us to this day with NO benefit to the owners: The unique bolt pattern making it difficult to install aftermarket wheels, the need to configure the TCCM and DDM modules instead of having them be plug-n-play, the cheap fuel sender unit that can't even last 100K miles, leaving the mystery red wire off the front fuse block with no mention in the owner's manual, the insane fuse designators like "TBM 4" instead of "dome lights", sharing the OBDII diagnostic port power and the accessory outlet on front fuse #13, again - without any mention in the owner's manual, and the poorly-labeled low beam solid-state relay that fails and costs you low beams when you least expect it with no bypass path. :hissyfit: :mad: :lipsrsealed:

If this was a dream as in "lots of design work to keep all of us college interns busy without adequate adult supervision", you got it in one! :thumbsup: :wootwoot:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My fuel level sending unit works fine even after 10 years, 159k miles, and counting. Just watch I just jinxed myself lol.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Sparky said:
My fuel level sending unit works fine even after 10 years, 159k miles, and counting. Just watch I just jinxed myself lol.

You'll be kicking yourself in the ass for this later :yes:

It's okay though, it happens to the best of us.

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Sparky said:
Heh, mine looked at least that low when I filled the back end full of rackmount servers that I was transporting for work. Drives a little funny when loaded down heavily :biggrin:

Haha ya man i was suprised i didnt think the suspension had that much give. And ya it seems like the ass end want to kick out or something, kinda an interesting drive :thumbsup:

northcreek said:
A clear case of truck abuse:biggrin:
Wondering...does the TB have air ride or springs?...Mike.

lol im gonna give her a bath today to make up for it :raspberry:

Sparky said:

Yep, well be hearng for you on the "what did you do to your GMT today" tread in a couple hours :rotfl:

Thanks for the comments guys :cool:

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
the roadie said:

And for some people it's a curse, replace with Arnott Industries products, or swap out for springs.

Had my Voy loaded the other day with four(4) 24"x24" patio stones. The stones were light, NOT!!!!

7003439106_68bcae1530_z_d.jpg

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
haha ya man that looks like its riding pretty low too. next time look at your spare tire clearence, i was suprised how low it was to the ground.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My TB's rear suspension is busted so the only next thing you'll see in that thread is a comment about me fixing the thing. No, it isn't related to the load hauling I did, that was a long while ago :tongue:

I was more concerned about my stupid trash can hitting the road than the spare. Mine hangs a bit lower. No, I haven't cut it off yet.

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Sparky said:
I was more concerned about my stupid trash can hitting the road than the spare. Mine hangs a bit lower. No, I haven't cut it off yet.

Welll!! whatre u waiting for!! :raspberry:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online