TB 2002 heater quick disconnect part numbers

rolo95

Original poster
Jan 2, 2019
USA
Wanna share the part#'s i discovered by trial and error ( advance autopart computer database is wrong )

i do not know what side of the heater core pipes where the quick disconnects snaps in to place are the OUT and IN
there is the Right ( next to the manifold ) and there is the Left one next to the tire

I know there are several manufacturers and also the AC/DELCO part number but i will share the DOORMAN ones here

part number for the LEFT (next to the tire ) 3/4 90 Degree quick connect is :
800-418 90 degree 3/4 x 3/4 quick connect
Advance computer shows part# 800-416 WRONG!! that is a 5/8 quick connect and do not fit

part number for the RIGHT (next to the exhaust manifold ) straight quick connect is :
47165 Straight 5/8 quick connect

I just wanted to share with the community
and if this was already posted , please disregard
Best.
Rolo.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nice find. It might not be Advance's fault for the wrong part number on the first one as Dorman doesn't even list any GM vehicles for it, only Fords, whereas the second one it shows both.

Added to FAQ.

Reactions: rolo95

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
Keep in mind that the quick connectors are unnecessary. You can clamp new hoses directly to the aluminum tubes of the heater core and eliminate a few pieces of cheap plastic junk.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My only concern with that method is tightening the clamp so much it collapses the soft aluminum nipple. (OK you guys, get your minds out of the gutter! 🤣 )

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher