Tahoe 2016 Cooled Seats

Jkb242

Original poster
May 19, 2019
CLT
I hope request for input on the Tahoe is permitted here.

My friend has a 2016 Tahoe LT it’s loaded including heated seats but not cooled ones. I see the switch opening and mounting is identical to the models with heated and cooled seats BUT clearly the cooled air venting to the seats must be the big mod. Can cooling to the seats be added without seat replacement?

I would very much like to see a drawing showing how cooling is accomplished on the factory equipped seats.

Thanks!!

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
@littleblazer might be able to answer this since his mom owns one. He's done a few mods to it but I'm not sure if that one has the air cooled seats. I do know he added fog lights which was pretty cool.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

My friend has a 2016 Tahoe LT it’s loaded including heated seats but not cooled ones. I see the switch opening and mounting is identical to the models with heated and cooled seats BUT clearly the cooled air venting to the seats must be the big mod. Can cooling to the seats be added without seat replacement?

I would very much like to see a drawing showing how cooling is accomplished on the factory equipped seats.

Thanks!!
Take a step inside. :tiphat: While I haven't messed with the cooled seats (moms doesn't have them) I was looking into it. It seems that the cooled seats just use a fan.

Check out this link. https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/195689-possible-to-add-heatedcooled-oem-seats/

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Tools needed:
Drill & 1/4" bit
Fan
+12V source for fan

Step 1: Use 1/4" bit to perforate seats in desired locations...
(note - if more cooling is desired, use progressively larger bits until achieved)

(yes, I'm just kidding! Good luck, and write up a 'how to', if you tackle it!)

BTW, IIRC, I read the other day that the brand-new pickups out now (& the SUVs that will be following for MY21) that have this, use the actual HVAC supply to provide the cooling, instead of just the embedded fan to move ambient cabin air around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Tools needed:
Drill & 1/4" bit
Fan
+12V source for fan

Step 1: Use 1/4" bit to perforate seats in desired locations...

(yes, I'm just kidding! Good luck, and write up a 'how to', if you tackle it!)

BTW, IIRC, I read the other day that the brand-new pickups out now (& the SUVs that will be following for MY21) that have this, use the actual HVAC supply to provide the cooling, instead of just the embedded fan to move ambient cabin air around.
Idk how the 10 escalade worked but that caused some definite "shrinkage" when the seat chillers were on. :rotfl:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
What is it with jokes about 'junk', today? LMAO
Being that you had the Caddy, they prolly had the 'good' chillers, back in '10.

You musta been wearing thin shorts, to get the 'shrinkage'.
And if you were wearing less than that, I don't wanna know about it! :yikes:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
What is it with jokes about 'junk', today? LMAO
Being that you had the Caddy, they prolly had the 'good' chillers, back in '10.

You musta been wearing thin shorts, to get the 'shrinkage'.
And if you were wearing less than that, I don't wanna know about it! :yikes:
Cargo shorts actually. :rotfl: The best is the floor vent in the red truck... points straight at the bench from under the column... I can only imagine what that was for in a work truck...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Of course it is permitted. In fact, we have a full size section to which I moved this thread to.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online