NEED HELP T-Case & Headlight switch lights out

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Hey y'all. Just noticed that my T-Case and headlight indicator lights stopped working. There are no codes so I'm assuming a fuse popped on me. Anyone know which fuse it could be?
Ryan

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:nono: Don't assume, troubleshoot!

If the devices still function properly when their respective switches are activated, then your light bulbs are blown and need to be replaced (with LEDs of course :biggrin:)

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
:nono: Don't assume, troubleshoot!

If the devices still function properly when their respective switches are activated, then your light bulbs are blown and need to be replaced (with LEDs of course :biggrin:)

It's so weird, because the other day they were both working. So there isn't a fuse for those? If not, I'll need a soldering gun, and day off and a bunch of white leds.

Edit-I was afraid that those switches were busted so I put it in 4 hi and sure enough, I can hear my diff lock.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
None of the small light bulbs are fused, the interior lights that come on with the parking lights are on a single fuse, that's it though. Just imagine how massive our fuse blocks would be if each light had it's own fuse. :stars:

If your indicator lights were working, then stopped for a while, then started working again, and now stopped working again, THAT would be weird. :weird: This just sounds like they reached the end of their lifespan.

Reactions: Sib and dmanns67

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Mr. No mod. Time to mod lol. :tongue:

Reactions: dmanns67

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
None of the small light bulbs are fused, the interior lights that come on with the parking lights are on a single fuse, that's it though. Just imagine how massive our fuse blocks would be if each light had it's own fuse. :stars:

If your indicator lights were working, then stopped for a while, then started working again, and now stopped working again, THAT would be weird. :weird: This just sounds like they reached the end of their lifespan.

Thanks man. Guess it does make sense if those bulbs were installed over 13 years ago. They haven't been back on since they went out yesterday.

Mr. No mod. Time to mod lol. :tongue:
Guess this means I'll need to pick up a bezel and new instrument cluster need else aswell, huh? Gotta get everything to match, yo.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I'm guessing I just lost some bulbs as well. My HVAC control panel lost over half of its lights and my volt and temp gauges went out when my heater core was replaced. My steering wheel and 3 of the 4 doors have lights out in the window controls. I see some LEDs in my future as well.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My headlight switch randomly will light up, or sometimes will if I smack it. Never stays on very long though.

Until I replaced my 4x4 switch recently it was dark aside from the orange position indicators.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Har har :wink:

Reactions: Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
So not sure if this is related or not but I noticed my auto headlights no longer work. I tried pressing the button 4 times, multiple times and no luck. Should I move onto replacing the switch?

Are you talking about the dome over ride button? That's for DRL cancelling. If you turn the switch to parking light or low beams, do your lights come on? If so, the switch is not your problem. You'd need to start trouble shooting at the photoelectric sensor in the center of the dash by the windshield.

Flipping the switch to the left from the auto position, should cancel, and re-activate auto lights.

Reactions: littleblazer

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Are you talking about the dome over ride button? That's for DRL cancelling. If you turn the switch to parking light or low beams, do your lights come on? If so, the switch is not your problem. You'd need to start trouble shooting at the photoelectric sensor in the center of the dash by the windshield.

Flipping the switch to the left from the auto position, should cancel, and re-activate auto lights.

I only have the 3 optios...auto, parkong, and headlights on. All funtions work except the auto heads, and the indicator light.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
02's don't have the switch to the left option. I'd be looking at the photocell in the middle of the dash as well.

Reactions: littleblazer

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
But what about the indicator lights in the switch? IIRC, they are controlled by the BCM. A check of the schematics would confirm this. Are the fogs working(if you have that option)?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
The light should still come on if you turn on the headlights manually.

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
But what about the indicator lights in the switch? IIRC, they are controlled by the BCM. A check of the schematics would confirm this. Are the fogs working(if you have that option)?

The green indicator next to the switch that tells you if your headlights are on, isn't working. Unfortunately I don't have OEM fogs.

The light should still come on if you turn on the headlights manually.

It doesn't. I'll see if I have DRL's when I drive to work, my best guess is it's gotta be a fuse.

Check fuse 7 and 32 under the rear seat
I'll check those after work and report back.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.