Switch box for aux lighting

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Hey y'all! In the near future, I'll need to buy a switch box for my aux lighting since I'm thinking about adding lights on the roof and fogs. My dilemma is, I don't want to have a bunch of those cheap China switches lined up to control my lighting. I would rather have a police style box that's organized and easy to flip switches on and off. My other dilemma is wiring it...does anyone know how to properly wire these? Will my lights be powered by the switch box or will I still need to run them to a power source?
Thanks a bunch!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Depends on how you wire and how much you spend.

you want something good, look into a SPOD.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I would say power your lights via relays with fuses, use the switches to trigger the relays. :twocents:

As far as HOW to hook up the switches, whichever ones you end up buying, should have a pin assignment diagrams either on the switch itself, or on some documentation in the box.

Reactions: Mounce

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If you used relays you could use a single, low amperage power feed to the switch box, with smaller, easier to run wires from the switches to the relays. Then feed the relays with the heavier gauge wire and fuses where it isn't a pain to get the thicker wires run.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online