swi-rc problem

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
sorry for posting so many times...but this install is just not going as planned!

SO, when i go to program the SWI-RC, the first step is to hold the program button and turn the ignition to on, at which time the led will light up....but it does not...and when i release the button the led flashes

what do i do?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Which wire did you hook the B+ (red) wire of the swirc up to? The main schematic says 'power' but later in the manual it states to used 'switched power' for that wire.

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
I figured out the problem...I'm a dumbass and thought I grounded it, but missed that one lol. So far everything works and I'm gunna do the final check tmr!
View attachment 25700

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
even though i checked to make sure all my steering wheel buttons worked before finishing the install...it now seems that some of the buttons are not working so well. Mainly my volume up/down. WTH? they work maybe 10% of the time, and if i push the button harder (which i dont like to do because it will probably cause more wear/tear to the button).
How can other buttons work fine, but one or two not? only one wire is used for em all...
only advice i have gotten so far is to take it out and reprogram it, which i have not gotten around too since i no longer have access to all the tools i would need...
any ideas?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online

No members online now.