Swaying issue

Stuntmanmike77

Original poster
May 6, 2018
Sanford, ME
Hello all. Hope everyone is staying safe out there. I'm replacing the rear seat bar bushings on my 2003 TB. Links were done about 3500 miles ago and are nice and tight. My issue is the new Moog bushings do not seem to fit when attempting to push the bracket back up onto the stud. Barely touches the first thread and they are TIGHT! I've made sure they are the correct ones and they fit nice around the bar and inside the bracket but not together. Install seems pretty straight forward but just won't go. Am I missing something here? Are the end links supposed to be loosened before replacing these? Anyone have this issue before?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
If you dont have the axle at the same Height on both sides, this can happen. Are both sides up on jack stands? Or do you have it jacked up by the center pumpkin?

Reactions: gmcman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Now try jacking it up slowly by the center pumpkin of the rear dif, and see if that helps. I find it easier to have the suspension at idle compression when working on the rear.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
When I did the rear bushings on mine, I had it jacked up by the pumpkin on a somewhat leveled ground. Do you have one side of the sway bar loose, and the other tight? Found it easier to loosen both sides, and then after the bushings were on I was able to line up the studs with the holes.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online