sway end links affects alignment?

TByuri

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
I recently had to change my complete rear end differential and rear shocks.

Also had to change the drivers side lower control arm as well as the complete rack and pinion with tie rods.

I'm looking into getting an alignment done but I just went out and picked up all 4 sway bar end links for my trailblazer.

Question is should I do the alignment now and just worry about the links in the future? If I get the alignment now and then decide a week later to install all of my end links, would that affect my alignment?

The links are shot but they are not making any noise so they are not a huge priority but I do not want them ruining my alignment.

Also do I only get the front two wheel alignment or all 4 wheel alignment? Thanks.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Did you get an aligment after replacing the arm and tie rods? I would do this asap if not.

Sway bar links hold the sway bar which prevents body sway. No influence on alignment. Some offroaders have removable front end links for the trail. Align it when you want to if you did so after the new rie rods. Get new sway bushings too.

You pay for a 4 wheel alignment, and they can tell you where each wheel is at but we can only adjust the front two.

Too Fast

Jan 28, 2014
Sway bar end links, or anything to do with a sway bar, won't affect wheel alignment settings.

Most places don't have an option anymore about 2 or 4 wheel alignments. Our TBs only have adjustments in the front, but to help ensure a straight steering wheel, it's best to do a 4 wheel alignment as this will reference the thrust line and thrust angle. It can also tell you if the rear is out, and let you know if there is something bent back there, or to let you know the rear differential is installed correctly.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Mine got aligned without sway bar links at all and with sway bar links and with custom sway bar links and it came out the same. They dont have any effect on alignment.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online