Swapping an '05 Rainier Steering Wheel and Airbag into an '04

yonkerss

Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Hey,

I assume no issues doing this as they appear the same but wanted to see if anyone knew 100% it would work - make sure I do not run into something like a different connection on the airbag or something. I am getting ready to order the woodgrain wheel and bag from out of state.

Thanks!

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
yonkerss said:
Hey,

I assume no issues doing this as they appear the same but wanted to see if anyone knew 100% it would work - make sure I do not run into something like a different connection on the airbag or something. I am getting ready to order the woodgrain wheel and bag from out of state.

Thanks!

I have considered swapping in a 2005-up Airbag in my 2004 just for the newer GMC emblem, and did not find any problems in the wiring or mounting.
I didn't do it based on cost and need.

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
What color is your interior? The only reason I have not done this is because I have the tan (cashmere) interior and the color tan is darker in 05 then it was in 04 so it won't match I am not sure about the grey interior

yonkerss

Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
I do have the charcoal grey interior, I think color match should be pretty good based on the pics I have seen. Guess I will call and order tomorrow, getting the wheel and airbag for $225 shipped which I think is fair (esp when shipping is $50 of that due to hazmat). Wheel and bag appear to be in excellent condition based on the pics I have seen.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online