SW LT Headers

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
Spent the last 3 days tearing down my truck to install Stainless Works, Long Tube Headers, Catless Y-Pipe and Magnaflow 3" Stainless exhaust. I also put a set of NGK TR6 plugs in while I was at it. Huge difference, not only in sound, but also in off the line. I'll have to run a tank through them to see if the mileage changes, we'll see. I did have to lengthen the front O2 sensor wires on the pass side by 8 inches, but otherwise it was an easy install. I had to cut the factory Y-pipe in to 3 pieces to get it out, otherwise everything came out with no problems and the SW LT's slipped right in. The hardest part of the install was getting the head bolts started while holding the headers and the gaskets in place. I gotta throw out a Big THANK YOU!!!! to Gabe, Aka BigRedTank for helping me!!!.....I'm thinking the Magnaflow Resonator is going to have to go, it's not quite loud enough for me. I may give it a day or two, but I'm pretty sure its heading to the Classifieds.:biggrin: I hope to get a sound clip up tomorrow:thumbsup:

Spong

Dec 12, 2011
I'm glad to hear the headers fit. I've been contemplating doing SW headers and SW true duals for some time. Everyone says the 6.0 and 5.3 are the same manifold but SW couldn't confirm. Some people have said don't bother with the headers as it's a ton of work for little return. I recently ordered the SW true dual catback system but didn't order the headers. I'm not expecting huge gains from just the exhaust but I'm excited to hear how it looks and sounds.

Any pics of the headers installed?

Thanks,
Steve

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Hi.

Any chance you could post up a video or sound clip of those headers in action?
I've been looking for a new exhaust after I heard Harmless....lol....

Thanks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online