Suspension Thoughts

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Hi, everyone

It's that time again when I'm both out of ideas and cash for mods, but the mod bug won't let me rest 😅!!!

I was going through Amazon and found air bag replacements for trailblazer shocks. Would these be a direct swap and fit?

I am aware of the difference in ride quality they will make as my dad's yukon had air bags before replacing them with normal shocks.

So to sum it all up, will they be a direct swap into the TB? Is it better to get manual leveling air bags? And most importantly worth it?

Thanks

P. S. This is what I've been looking at: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...vrolet+trailblazer+air+bags&tag=elightbars-20

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Honestly most people remove them when they fail and switch to springs, not the other way around. Just buy better shocks if you dont like the ride in the rear.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Honestly most people remove them when they fail and switch to springs, not the other way around. Just buy better shocks if you dont like the ride in the rear.

They do fail yes, but I remember seeing these manual ones, which can be inflated or deflated at will and thought that they may be a more reliable way to get air bags in the TB. Also saw some things about this kit from Airlift, which fits a bag in the springs. Any ideas, experience on those?

I'm not dissatisfied with anything, the TB still rides like a dream. Just adventurous 😅

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The bags inside are typically just for towing and leveling when carrying a bunch of weight not for ride.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You'd be far better off getting a tuned PCM :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Agreed

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
The bags inside are typically just for towing and leveling when carrying a bunch of weight not for ride.

I see. Thanks for the info :tiphat:

You'd be far better off getting a tuned PCM :yes:

Hmmmmmm.....…… :shhh: :rotfl:

On a different note, say once the current suspension starts to show its age, what is the preferred choice for aftermarket shocks? I'm not looking for any lift per se, but more for a smoother and more comfortable ride, and if possible bringing the front and rear level as I rarely ever load it up with really heavy materials.

Thanks

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
if possible bringing the front and rear level as I rarely ever load it up with really heavy materials.

You could install some drop springs in the rear, and lower it a couple of inches to be inline with the front. I was thinking of doing this for a while, just to get rid of that huge fender gap over the rear tires. But since I upsized my tires, I went the other way and lifted the front instead.

Tony from TBSSowners has a variety of suspension mods for the platform. If you get serious about it, talk to him, he'll help you figure out something to match what you're trying to do.

https://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=6

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
If you want to lift the front to level it out...the new 5100 bilstein adjustable struts would be my route

Reactions: Blckshdw

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online