Suspension question, stabilizer bar link?

lakedawgs

Original poster
Oct 6, 2014
Hello,
New to me, Trailblazer owner. 2002 LS 2WD, 140,000 miles.

She is in good shape but has a loose, bouncy front end. Common problem, I see here on the forums. Will likely change the front struts and rear shocks but want to make sure the rest of the front suspension is in good shape. Previous owner changed out the,(not sure of the name), stabilizer bar links? See the attached photo, arrow pointing to new part.

Not afraid of working on the car and have done much repair to my cars in the past but have never looked at a suspension. What should I be looking for?
THANKS
Matt

Attachments

• DSC_4829.JPG
    DSC_4829.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 9

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I think you are on the right track getting new dampers in there. That will have more to do with the loose, bouncy feel than much of anything else. The end link looks fine as long as it is not loose or broken. Grab the link and see if there is any movement in the end joints. If so, replace it. If the steering feels loose after the shocks are replaced, it may need some new steering components and perhaps even ball joints. You can check for wear in those the traditional way - grab the tire with that corner off the ground and shake, pull, wiggle, and jostle. Or do it the easy way - take it in for an alignment and let the tech tell you what you need to replace in order to get and hold an alignment! (If you trust the establishment, that is.)

I did my front shocks. Here is the link to my tale - Link Follow the linked article - it is great!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.