Suspension Maxx End Links Problem

tblazerdude

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I ordered a DJM rear sway bar and decided to splurge for the smaxx end links to keep it maintenance free and quiet. After a month here's what happened:
View attachment 23904

That is the passenger side link, the drivers side is doing the same thing. I followed the instructions that came with them, double checked it, and still I have this. Any thoughts? Is it because I'm using the stiffer setting on the sway bar? How do I recenter the links on the rubber bushing? If I do succeed in doing that, what's going to stop it from happening again?

View attachment 23905

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 18
  • link1.jpg
    link1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 12

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
An excellent question to put to SMaxx, who has talked other owners through this issue before.

tblazerdude

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Contacted them via their website. Waiting to hear back. Linked to this thread so they could see the pictures. Thanks Roadie.

tblazerdude

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Apparently yes, as suspensionmaxx already has a fix for these and were aware of my problem. I have not received it yet to see if it works, but they responded to my request within 24 hours and are sending the kit at no cost to me. It's hard to find companies nowadays that stand behind their products. It is partially related to my aftermarket DJM bar, as it stresses the links more. Some OEM people have experienced no problems, some have. Either way smaxx is doing what's right and addressing it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online