Support Group/Thread For Mod Addiction or MA

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
@$ Khalid ! 9130 You may look into lesser known brands of rotary tool, if it's something you're not going to use very often. That could help lower potential costs you're looking at. Maybe try browsing some sites like aliexpress.com :twocents:

Dude, if you put those freaking eyelash gimmicks on your truck, you'll be banned from the forum!! :crackup: :dielaugh:

car-eyelashes-on-land-rover-discovery-5.jpg

I'd second that on both replies :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Dude, if you put those freaking eyelash gimmicks on your truck, you'll be banned from the forum!! :crackup: :dielaugh:

car-eyelashes-on-land-rover-discovery-5.jpg
Oh hell no lol, it's a surprise. I dunno if i'll post it until it's complete.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
?

p160667_large+2002_Chevrolet_Trailblazer+Front_Driver_Side_View.jpg

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Nah, the only product I like from Street Scene for the Trailblazer is there wiper cowl that has no vented slots. I'd like it, but it's kinda expensive for what it is. You'll just have to wait and see :wink:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The permanently mounted surf board goes with it. It was on a TV show on Speed. I think it's fugly.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'm not a fan of the flame job but that's a nice looking tb.
Looks very early 2000's style lmao.
The permanently mounted surf board goes with it. It was on a TV show on Speed. I think it's fugly.
Permanently? That....that is just so asinine.... It makes no sense why it's even there.
That bumper is @#$#%@#% I would prefer stock over that :blinkhuh:
I think it can look decent depending on your build, they match these builds:
Front_Bumper.jpg

New_painted_hood.jpg
DSC01134.jpg

This guy has their wiper cowl too(I want it):
20881450002_large.jpg

Kinda looks like a modded Rainier bumper cover
They probably really really modified a mold of one and got theirs as a result??They are very similar where the curves are.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
The lights are a bit higher up than the Rainier I think though
Looks good though..

That wiper cowl looks sweet., I wonder how it affects airflow to hvac though...

Wish someone made a nice hood for the Rainier... something GS-ish

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ohhhh man I just came up with two more cool mods that'll let me use LED's (been craving an LED mod for MONTHS!!!!). I think i'll let these be a surprise as well, especially since one is something that would have to be custom made.

I will say this about one: Acrylic is your friend:cool:

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Ohhhh man I just came up with two more cool mods that'll let me use LED's (been craving an LED mod for MONTHS!!!!). I think i'll let these be a surprise as well, especially since one is something that would have to be custom made.

I will say this about one: Acrylic is your friend:cool:

You've got me hooked. Looking forward to see what's coming down the line. Meanwhile I've got my secret projects coming soon as well :2thumbsup:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Ta-daa, excuse the dirt & millions of scratches.
No, I'm not gonna leave the ghetto headlight gaps. I'm gonna either sacrifice my SS grill's vented portions or find the motivation to go drive to a pull-a-part and chop off the ends of an LS grill crossbar.
IMG_20170602_145755.jpg
Its a shame how dark and glossy of a black this LT grill is compared to the 50 shades of friggin' black my truck has, smh.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Ta-daa, excuse the dirt & millions of scratches.
No, I'm not gonna leave the ghetto headlight gaps. I'm gonna either sacrifice my SS grill's vented portions or find the motivation to go drive to a pull-a-part and chop off the ends of an LS grill crossbar.
View attachment 81118
Its a shame how dark and glossy of a black this LT grill is compared to the 50 shades of friggin' black my truck has, smh.

Mind if I take the SS grill off your hands :biggrin:

Anyways I was thinking has anyone thought off or done this before:

Remove the armrest bucket that has the slots for CDs and replace it with a custom built one. Those CD slots are useless and take up space!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Anyways I was thinking has anyone thought off or done this before:

Remove the armrest bucket that has the slots for CDs and replace it with a custom built one. Those CD slots are useless and take up space!

One of our members, who installed an iPad in place of his radio, relocated the HVAC controls to sit in the console. Just had to extend the wiring and fabricate a mount for it. Maybe @Decembersend can post some old pics for us.

Reactions: Capote

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Need to decide what kind of drill attachment to polish wheels with...mothers powerball or something else.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Need to decide what kind of drill attachment to polish wheels with...mothers powerball or something else.
I've heard good things about the Mother's one.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Its the only one I have used and it did pretty good. Not sure if the regular or mini is better for wheels. Also did not know how many more options there are in the past few years since I looked at options

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Its the only one I have used and it did pretty good. Not sure if the regular or mini is better for wheels. Also did not know how many more options there are in the past few years since I looked at options
I would imagine the mini would be best if your wheels had a lot of tight spaces or a lot of spokes that you couldn't get your hand in between easily. Regular would probably be great on a larger wheel with a big face like the TBSS wheels.
If I had chrome or alloy wheels I'd look into getting one myself, but the gloss black part of my wheels just wipe off easily and the brushed aluminum portion doesn't get dirty.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
One of our members, who installed an iPad in place of his radio, relocated the HVAC controls to sit in the console. Just had to extend the wiring and fabricate a mount for it. Maybe @Decembersend can post some old pics for us.

That sounds awesome!! Would really like to see it in action. Are the pics anywhere on the site??

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I did the vette with the mini and they came out pretty good.
20170608_162937.jpg 20170312_190107.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
United_States.gif
Murica'
United_States.gif

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
That sounds awesome!! Would really like to see it in action. Are the pics anywhere on the site??

Yeah, they are around here somewhere. But now you know who did the mod, and what the mod was, so you can do some searching around in your free time.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The vette did come out nicely. Prolly just buy a mini and stick with what I know. I got Barton picking up some well used chrome TA wheels for me today and I am going to try to save them since they are the stock 5 spokes that just look right on these cars. I figure if they don't polish out, I can ghetto black paint them and still sell for a profit :wink:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I got very lucky, they are supposed to be clear coated. They looked horrible all oxidized and everything. I used a clear coat compound and it turned black and I was very happy it was bare aluminum. I didn't like the big ball since it seemed too big and loose packed for the 16s. Aka I could keep the side walls clean easily.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
These are pretty wide open but lots of my wheels are not so the mini is prolly best. I kinda like some of the cone ones, but reviews are only so-so on most.

For 100 I will take a chance on getting these

to look more like this

Cause they do fit these cars right

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
They just need a better center cap logo like the arrowhead or something. That "ABS" sticker is just lame!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I think you can swap the WS6 in there, but I will likely do something custom if they clean up and I use them in the future. I did the clone thig with my 97, but don't want to with this one

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I think my friend had similar rims on his grand prix.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
GM uses a ton of similar 5 spokes. I happened to get the twisted spoke silver ones stock and hate them. Good for the snow tires, but the twist ruins the 5 spoke to me.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I remember the abs sticker on them. The twist is a miss.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I see a couple Pontiac grand prix/am's daily in the parking garage with the ABS center. Not sure why Pontiac thought that to be a good idea at all.

Reactions: Capote

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got lucky...they should clean up well except of a ding in one lip, but I think for the price I dun gooood.
I picked up this set of factory wheels for $100 to try and save.

A bit of water and 5 minutes with a microfiber did wonders. Can't wait til I get the time to really work on them and see if they will be saved.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Welp, since all foreseeable mod money will be getting poured into the house, instead of the EXT, the mod bug will have to make due.

I was gifted a basic washer and dryer set when I got the house, for which I was grateful for. But the washer uses a ton of water, and I can't wash my comforters in it, which means laundromat trip anyway. Don't have the funds to get the big capacity style that I want, but another friend offered to sell me the front loader set that was in the house he bought a few months before I got mine. Did some Googling, and the manuals state, for a garage installation, they have to be no lower than 18" above the floor! :confused:

The manuals also gave the part #s for the pedestal drawers you can mount them on, but even then, they weren't tall enough for the garage requirement. Besides that, it looks like they were discontinued, so can't even find them anywhere :mad:

So I ended up going to Home Depot, getting three 8' 2"x4"s, a sheet of plywood, some 4" wood screws, and some roof ties (cuz I have boxes of nails laying around) and got to work.

Cut 2 of the studs down to size to make the frame, and used the wood screws.IMG_20170714_200753.jpg

Cut the plywood down to size, and nailed it to the frame to make the platform

IMG_20170714_202200.jpg IMG_20170714_203305.jpg

The leftover pieces from the studs was enough to make 6 roughly equal length legs for the stand. 2 were just a hair longer than the other 4 for some reason, threw those on the back side. Used the roof ties to hold them in place, and for the 2 legs on the ends, they are adjusted to sit slightly off the frame to make solid ground contact.

IMG_20170715_125946.jpg IMG_20170715_130018.jpg

Sits nice and sturdy, and ready for the new (to me) appliances that I'll get tomorrow.
IMG_20170715_175402.jpg

In retrospect, probably should have used screws all the way around, because the plywood was slightly warped, and the front corner likes to pull itself up a bit. Won't be an issue once the appliances are on it though.

And if I ever feel the weird need to move it for some reason, I can use my floor jack on the center frame rail to lift it, and move it as needed. :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got to respect washer n dryer modding!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online