Support Group/Thread For Mod Addiction or MA

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
So I thought I would take it upon myself to start a thread to help anyone who feels they are addicted to Mods. If you are concerned about being an addict or you are not sure I have provided a list below that you can use to self diagnose 'as it were' your condition.

1. You are constantly dreaming of your next mod.

2. You get more excited about mods than you do about basically anything else.

3. You have been asking for mod parts as presents for years now.

4. You spend hours browsing blogs and websites devoted to mods.

5. You become restless if it gets to be too long between mods.

6. You fall asleep contemplating what mods you can do to your truck.

7. Nothing makes you happier than the feeling you get when completing a new mod.

8. You find yourself planning your next mod while working on a mod.

9. Deep down you know that you will never, ever be free of your mod bug.

10. Your family and/or friends have ever confronted you about your "problem".

If You, a Loved one, or a Friend show signs of any of the above symptoms, or you are concerned about the addiction please ask for help! We are here 24/7 to assist you.

God Bless 'Merica

RayGumm

Apr 16, 2014
Hi, My name is Ray.

*Hi Ray*

And I am a Modaholic. It all started months ago when I bought my Trailblazer as a daily driver and kid/camping stuff hauler. My spare tire was stuck, so I found TrailVoy with previous poster's advice on how to get it down.

Then I joined TrailVoy, a serene, largely mod-free zone.

Then someone, I can't remember who (It's all been such a blur) persuaded me to join the evil GMTNation empire - Or as I have come to call it 'The Forum'.

I did, with mild apprehensions.

First it was just some innocent hacking on the exhaust system. "It's just for better clearance and a slightly better look/sound, It's harmless," I told myself.

Then came the LED's. God, the LED's...

Then the HIDs...

Then the roof rack, pinstripes, badge delete, plasti-dipping ALL THE THINGS...

I need help...

Like say, some badass wheels and tires for Christmas?? :wink: Or maybe some Rock sliders.. or those door sills.. or a lift kit.. or lightbars.. or projectors... or LED tail lights/brake lights.. LT rear bumper... Intake resonator delete...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAH JUST ONE MORE MOD I SWEAR THAT'S ALL! JUST ONE!! ALL I NEED IS ONE.. JUST TO GET ME THROUGH THE NIGHT!

Or 47. :smile:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I've occasionally thought of checking out such a support group, just to get ideas for new mods. But then I realized, people would think I had a mod problem, when that is the complete opposite of the truth. I have no problem with mods, I can quit modding at any time if I wanted to. :redface:

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
I've been dating a girl for about 8 months now, so far she has been very accepting of my lifestyle / issue. Part of me is worried that, without someone shaming me for the fact that I've spent as much money modding the car as its original purchase price, my irrational behavior will continue unchecked.

I was dating another girl at the time I had my red 2002 TB, and when I told her I was getting 20's and drop springs, her response was "oh great, what are you, in high school?" That relationship went downhill from there. Although once I put that truck together, she said "you know, it actually looks really good" to which I replied "that's right, don't you EVER question my car modding, woman!"

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Placed another order for mods and have at least a half dozen n yet to be installed

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I blame members of this site for the lift my truck got. Wasn't planning on doing it until the first Midwest meet I went to last year... Within just a few months my truck was taller :lipsrsealed:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I can apologize on behalf of the influence team at that meet, but it was well executed by you!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Yeah meets get me in trouble just as much as the site. When I saw HIDs at a meet I had to get them. When I saw interior LEDs I had to get them. When I rode in a pcmofnc tuned I6 I had to get one. Carlisle corrupted me this year with projectors and switchbacks. Seeing things on the site is cool but when I see them in real life it really influences me to pull the trigger.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Meets are what make ideas into reality

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah pretty much. It was definitely seeing the lifted trucks in person that made me want it.

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
I may need help as well, I ordered led strips for my grill and floorboards. And I am planning to do the quad taillights today. I'm an addict, but worse because when I do mods I also drink beer. It too late for me mates... Save yourselves!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You are still in the early stages. Wait til you move on to whiskey and making parts.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Ya know, I thought this was the support group, but I realize now this isn't the type of support group I thought it was.

You guys don't support in helping kick the habit, you strengthen it!

I just ordered some 30 watt cree reverse LEDs and a bunch of Samsung LED bulbs for my dome lights.

Darn it.

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
Sparky said:
Ya know, I thought this was the support group, but I realize now this isn't the type of support group I thought it was.

You guys don't support in helping kick the habit, you strengthen it!

I just ordered some 30 watt cree reverse LEDs and a bunch of Samsung LED bulbs for my dome lights.

Darn it.
I think we all just fell of the wagon......

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The benefit of most support groups is to demonstrate that no matter how bad you "got it", there is at least one other worse than you.

This entire site makes me feel better every day that I'm not the worst one. I was starting to waver....then YOU showed up. :raspberry: :thumbsup: :wooot:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I`m not ready to talk about it yet because my addiction is not just for my truck :sadcry:

I`ll pass for now until I find more courage. :quiverlips:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Heeeeeeeellllllllllpppppppppppp

Never mind... I like my truck

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My change has a home...Got a big plastic cup that is my meet fund. Prolly should get a bigger one for a mod fund.

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
How about adding to the list......

Every part you get for your vehicle you think, how can I mod this.

You mod parts that can't been seen, but you know it's been modded so it helps you sleep at night.

Hi
My name is Jeff and I'm a modaholic.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.