Supersparkz

07Blazerman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Interesting. I may have to give it a try.

07Blazerman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
2010 CamaroSS said:
Inside your coil packs, you have a spring that connects your spark plug to the electrode. The spring is a very weak conductor for the electricity so what this does is gives you a more cleaner electrical current by using a solid connection with Beryllium copper

Exactly, I saw your post on the OS because I still had a miss-not all the time nor anything to throw a code but enough times I could feel it and see it with the rpms, now nothing, smooth idle, easy start up and the truck actually sounds quieter.

2010 CamaroSS

Dec 5, 2011
07Blazerman said:
Exactly, I saw your post on the OS because I still had a miss-not all the time nor anything to throw a code but enough times I could feel it and see it with the rpms, now nothing, smooth idle, easy start up and the truck actually sounds quieter.

I do have to commend your research on that to be able to locate the origin of the supersparkz. James text messaged me last night to thank me for posting about them and he said a few guys already placed their orders.

groundshock

Dec 4, 2011
Has anyone asked this gent to sign up and offer them here?

I need to do plugs soon, so this is yet another 'might as well' part.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
He has been invited.:cool:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Pittdawg said:
Does this actually increase horsepower and/or mpgs?

In the case of the 4.2 I6, that would be the $35 (shipping included) question.
A better connection should stop some miss-fires, resulting in better power and mileage.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
I've been interested in these since I saw them on the OS. I installed the Pulstar spark plugs (I know, I did it before I joined the OS and learned about the 41-103s), they haven't given me any trouble but I wonder if the combination of the two would "synergize":yaay: . Or maybe it'll just blow the head right off. idk.:undecided:

groundshock

Dec 4, 2011
Pittdawg said:
Does this actually increase horsepower and/or mpgs?

Logic would dictate that it probably doesn't ADD anything, but probably helps smooth things out and improve drivability.

I'd be surprised if anyone gained any power from it.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
:bump:

infamouz

Dec 3, 2011
I just purchased this and the ac delco iridium spark plugs, im still waiting for the supersparks to get here. Ill post again when its all on.

07Blazerman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
groundshock said:
Logic would dictate that it probably doesn't ADD anything, but probably helps smooth things out and improve drivability.

I'd be surprised if anyone gained any power from it.

I know she is running much smoother and seems to be quieter. I can't say for sure on mpgs as I just got my truck back from having the rust repaired. As for power, I don't think there is any difference. Best thing is just how she idles now.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The I6 has the exact same coil packs as the i5 doesn't it? Sure looks like it. So for my 02, get 6x of the rods for the 04-06 i5 colorado, right?

Eh I might do this at some point. Not yet... But at some point.

I imagine the spring is a little more forgiving on installation than these are.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Sparky said:
The I6 has the exact same coil packs as the i5 doesn't it? Sure looks like it. So for my 02, get 6x of the rods for the 04-06 i5 colorado, right?

Eh I might do this at some point. Not yet... But at some point.

I imagine the spring is a little more forgiving on installation than these are.

You just need to tell him you have a 2002 Trailblazer w/I6. He'll know which ones and how many.

It also looks like they are the correct length for specific plugs.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Any further word on these?

infamouz

Dec 3, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Any further word on these?
I got this installed in mine and it made a big difference on idle, plus I switched from bosch 4 to ac delco irridium plugs. The crazy thing is that I had a stabilitrac light on as soon as my truck would be on and would not turn off without the truck being off, since I installed super sparkz and plugs it hasnt turned on once. Great product in my opinion.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Oh good, another addition to the never ending list of things to do. I have a growing pile of stuff that needs to be installed. I seem to be gathering parts faster than I am installing anything.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Anddddd the mods keep coming... This sounds interesting, u can never really argue with something that can help have a smoother idle and better electricity to your ride.

I'm eager to c how this works for the guys here. Hopefully if it delivers then I'm in :smile:

07Blazerman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I will have to say again, the second best mod I have done on the TB. $35 shipped can't beat it.

ieatglue

Nov 20, 2011
Can't we make some of those ourselves with some copper refrigerant tubing? :undecided:

2010 CamaroSS

Dec 5, 2011
ieatglue said:
Can't we make some of those ourselves with some copper refrigerant tubing? :undecided:

you could try if you wanted to. However, the R&D done on these is already proven. Not too mention the beryllium copper is a better conductor than the copper tubing you get at your local hardware store.

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
This seems like an interesting mod to do... I think I'll order up a set for wifeys TB.

I know I'm lazy.. I didn't read the entire 26 pages of the posted link thread... Just the first three and then the last page....
Why no v8 love? Probably cuz we use a different coil pack? Don't we use the springs too?

Also that SuperModulation guy seems to do ported TB's. And he seems to have much respect over there. Does anyone know if he does throttle bodies for our 4.2l or 5.3l as well?

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The V8's use plug wires that clamp on the plug.

The I6 just has the spring touching the top of the plug.

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
Thanks for the info......I would be interested in the actual mpg info, as to whether this made a difference or not this made a difference on normal and towing.

2010 CamaroSS

Dec 5, 2011
06Envoy said:
This seems like an interesting mod to do... I think I'll order up a set for wifeys TB.

I know I'm lazy.. I didn't read the entire 26 pages of the posted link thread... Just the first three and then the last page....
Why no v8 love? Probably cuz we use a different coil pack? Don't we use the springs too?

Also that SuperModulation guy seems to do ported TB's. And he seems to have much respect over there. Does anyone know if he does throttle bodies for our 4.2l or 5.3l as well?

The 4.2L throttle body is the same throttle body that the 3.5L and 3.7L I5s use, depending on your year. Reach out to him and ask if he's willing to do your throttle body. If he is, you'd be looking at $100 plus a core exchange.

I don't know if he's done the V8 throttle bodies yet

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
2010 CamaroSS said:
The 4.2L throttle body is the same throttle body that the 3.5L and 3.7L I5s use, depending on your year. Reach out to him and ask if he's willing to do your throttle body. If he is, you'd be looking at $100 plus a core exchange.

Good idea!
I guess I had to shit on the pot or get off. Sooo, I just placed an order for my wife's 4.2l I6 Supersparkz, and I asked him about 4.2l and 5.3l throttle body porting.

We'll see what he says! :thumbsup:

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
fadyasha said:
Good to know. Once he's on gotta convince him how nice of a guy I am to ship internationally 

Well Spoke with James and he agreed to the shipping. Just sent him the payment :wootwoot:

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
This looks worth a try, and with two Trailblazers in the family, I can sure do a real head-to-head test instead of the seat-of-the-pants thing. I just wish there was someone else in Winnipeg who would like to do an order together. I don't have an PayPal account, and for various reasons, will not open one.

He said I can send him a money order and may do that some day.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Chickenhawk said:
This looks worth a try, and with two Trailblazers in the family, I can sure do a real head-to-head test instead of the seat-of-the-pants thing. I just wish there was someone else in Winnipeg who would like to do an order together. I don't have an eBay account, and for various reasons, will not open one.

He said I can send him a money order and may do that some day.

You only need a paypal account. Won't work for you either? :confused:

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
I may pull the trigger on this mod. Been reading the reviews over on 355nation and it looks promising. :biggrin:

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
2010 CamaroSS said:

I recieved his reply last night. Thanks for the idea Camaro. :yes:
Hi 06Envoy,

I have shipped your SS by USPS Priority Mail International® Label Number: xx xxx xxx xxx xx

To answer your question, Yes, we port ALL GM throttle body's! We request that you provide us with your vehicle make, model, motor, mileage and VIN?

Since the Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, H3 Hummer and Trailblazer I6 share the same throttle bodies.
Members can purchase them from my EBAY store, I will buy back their tb cores for $65.00
CB Radio Citizen Band, COLOR LIGHT BULB FILTERS items in SuperModulation Auctions store on eBay!

Thanks for your support,
SuperModulation

So, I checked out his store and none of the products specifically mention our platform, but I think that someone just has to order one and he will take care of making sure that we get the proper throttle body. :cool:

I'm a big believer in 'more air is better' so I'll be grabbing one for the wifey's 4.2l and my 5.3l. I'm probably two months away from ordering due to an x-mas related lack of funds. :frown:
Even though I could save the $65 by sending in my old TB I won't, just in case the new one fitz's I'm not left stranded for days without my Daily Driver.

I hope this info helps somebody. I'm jazzed that we have a new source for ported throttle bodies! To me that's an even better mod than the supersparkz! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just to clarify. I am not personally vouching for Supermodulation or his work. However he seems to be well respected on 355nation.com and that's good enough for me. I will have no issues with dropping $600 on two throttle bodies from this vendor. Take that for what you will. YMMV :cool:

07Blazerman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
06Envoy said:
I recieved his reply last night. Thanks for the idea Camaro. :yes:

So, I checked out his store and none of the products specifically mention our platform, but I think that someone just has to order one and he will take care of making sure that we get the proper throttle body. :cool:

I'm a big believer in 'more air is better' so I'll be grabbing one for the wifey's 4.2l and my 5.3l. I'm probably two months away from ordering due to an x-mas related lack of funds. :frown:
Even though I could save the $65 by sending in my old TB I won't, just in case the new one fitz's I'm not left stranded for days without my Daily Driver.

I hope this info helps somebody. I'm jazzed that we have a new source for ported throttle bodies! To me that's an even better mod than the supersparkz! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just to clarify. I am not personally vouching for Supermodulation or his work. However he seems to be well respected on 355nation.com and that's good enough for me. I will have no issues with dropping $600 on two throttle bodies from this vendor. Take that for what you will. YMMV :cool:

Pittdawg ordered and installed the ported throttlebody on his '08 4.2 I6, he has a thred started on it as he ran into some idle issues but it sounds like he has them solved with a hose on the bottom of the resonator being left off. Price James quoted me was $299.95 and I agree about keeping your old one. I am keeping an eye on the idle issues and if they truly are solved, I plan on ordering one with my bonus.:wootwoot:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
You'll have to report back what what improvements there are from porting the throttle body. Honestly I'm a tad bit skeptical on whether it is really worth upwards of $300 to just shave some metal off.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online