SuperBrightLEDs.com LEDs for Silverado

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Recently I ordered some LEDs (CHMSL & license) for my 2011 Silverado from SuperBrightLEDs.com using their vehicle cross-reference system. Unfortunately the bulbs were either too big to fully seat in the socket or too big for the housing. I think their system is not only trying to cross reference to base size, but also light output.

I spent a little time with the original bulbs, my caliper and their technical info (specifically bulb dimensions) to find out what would fit.

To help the next person with some cool LEDs on you Silverado (and possibly Sierra) here is what I ordered from SuperBrightLEDs.com:

CHMSL - WLED-xHP15T in red
Cargo bed light - WLED-xHP15T in cool white (originally ordered for license but are a little too long for that housing)
License - WLED-x6 in white

GM uses some very deep sockets on the cargo light/CHMSL assembly and the T5 LEDs I originally ordered for the CHMSL flare out very quickly from the base and would not seat fully. One bump and they would fly out of the socket.

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
I had a different discount code they sent me as a repeat customer. This order was the first time I had any trouble with their bulbs. All worked but some warm white ones for my camper are now natural white, probably around 4000K. Previous ones were definetely closer to 3000K. (Cool white is about 5000K.)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online