Suggestions on my next step (mod)

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Hey guys, looking for suggestions on a new mod /slash next step is should do to my tb. Thinking something performance wise but open to any suggestions. Thanks.

Already have all blacked out, hids , rims tires, tint.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Best bang for the buck performance mod has generally been agreed on: A TUNE!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
A "tune" is a software modification to the engine computer (PCM) to unlock performance that GM put in there, then locked away from owner's use.

Search for PCMFORLESS and check the vendor section.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Get a PCM Tune. Intake isnt going to do much, no one makes headers for the I6 any more. You could always chop off the resonator, its a cheap mod and helps the truck look a lot better

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Could anyone point me in right direction what's needed to delete resonater? Tips ect..

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
You or your muffler shop need just a hacksaw, tubing, a bender, a welder, and a selection of tips. After you choose whether you want it to exit straight back or to the side after the tire. It's entirely an appearance decision, so just wander through the exhaust sections of your local parts stores or ask your muffler mechanic. Have you looked at the pictures here and on trailvoy for inspiration?

Go to images.google.com and type in "resonator delete site:gmtnation.com", then "resonator delete site:trailvoy.com"

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Yeah I have been checking up and reading past few days roadie. Just wondering if it was a job for mineneke (haven't had greatest luck with the in past, price wise) or had to go to customs shop. That sales is looking pretty tempting on a tune too :smile:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Canary2323 said:
Yeah I have been checking up and reading past few days roadie. Just wondering if it was a job for mineneke (haven't had greatest luck with the in past, price wise) or had to go to customs shop. That sales is looking pretty tempting on a tune too :smile:

Just make sure if you do the reso delete that you get a shop that welds stainless steel and able to because the shops I am running into do not and I personally will not do anything but stainless with the snow we get so if you get snow do that!

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Just make sure if you do the reso delete that you get a shop that welds stainless steel and able to because the shops I am running into do not and I personally will not do anything but stainless with the snow we get so if you get snow do that!

Sweet thx definitely will be asking that, get tons of snow in Rhode Island

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Canary2323 said:
...Just wondering if it was a job for mineneke (haven't had greatest luck with the in past, price wise) ...
Call around. No need to use a chain store. Independents can do it for $40-50 max, depending on the tip you want.

No need to EVER go back to a shop at which you felt taken advantage of. :hissyfit: EVER. :mad: Why is it even a question in a shop-rich area like you're in? :confused:

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Getting my resonater deleted hopefully this weekend or early next week, going with a stainless steel straight pipe. Looking for a good tip, suggestions? Thx

- - - Updated - - -

Getting my resonater deleted hopefully this weekend or early next week, going with a stainless steel straight pipe. Looking for a good tip, suggestions? Thx

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Depends on how much you won't to spend. You can get a straight pipe and that would be cheaper then a magnaflow tip that some people get. The magnaflow tip changes your sound a bit more depends on which one you get. I like the magnaflow tips :yes: you cn see what the shop as also or get one from eBay or a different auto store

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Yeah just having local shop put on straight pipe, they don't carry any tips. So just going to buy one and put on later. Any suggestions on a magna flow?

strat81

Dec 29, 2011
Canary2323 said:
Yeah just having local shop put on straight pipe, they don't carry any tips. So just going to buy one and put on later. Any suggestions on a magna flow?

Get all the work done at once so they can weld the tip on. Clamp on tips are pricey and don't look as nice as a welded on tip.

A stainless tip from Jegs should run less than $40:
JEGS Polished Stainless Exhaust Tips - JEGS

Jegs also sells Magnaflow. Buy whatever you think looks nice. I wanted a rolled edge, others like straight edges.

I paid ~$65 out the door. That included the tip, the additional tubing, the labor, the tax, etc.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Canary2323 said:

Any kind you like really!! :thumbsup: I do agree with strat81 do it all at once or ask them if you bring it back can they stick the tip on for you so they can weld it together, will last much longer that way and prevent any future exhaust leaks or anything.

heres a ton of tips on eBay if you would like, see what you like. I personally would make sure its stainless steal :thumbsup:

magnaflow tip | eBay

strat81 said:
I paid ~$65 out the door. That included the tip, the additional tubing, the labor, the tax, etc.

thats a good price!! I went to tuffy by my house and they wanted just I think $70 pr 90 to remove the reso and im like ok :weird: and they do not weld stainless steal so I said goodbye and walked out lol

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
Canary2323 said:
Hey guys, looking for suggestions on a new mod....
Get rid of the ugly and ineffective rear wiper and replace it with the sleek '07 version. New arm, blade, and cap can be had for less than $50, IIRC. Great looks, and works SOOO much better. :yes:

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
MacMan said:
Get rid of the ugly and ineffective rear wiper and replace it with the sleek '07 version. New arm, blade, and cap can be had for less than $50, IIRC. Great looks, and works SOOO much better. :yes:

I still want to do this too. But I can't get away from priorities, skid plate first :smile:

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Thx for suggestions looking for tip now, only thing I have to check is what size straight pipe so I get the right tip.

oh05ext

Dec 7, 2011
when you go to a muffler shop try to have them replace that squished down piece of pipe over the rear axle while your in there as well.thats on our to do list

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online