Sub Box completed

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Nothing special when it comes to looks but the sound is amazing. And I still have cargo room left!:biggrin:

4 cubic ft. sealed with Soundstream XS-12 x 2

View attachment 19268

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 13

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Nice and tiddy... if its sealed, why are your subs towards the drivers side more?

My box has an aero port in it, that fires to the passanger side, hence why my subs are over on the drivers side.. you can see what I mean in my albums on my profile page..

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Boricua SS said:
Nice and tiddy... if its sealed, why are your subs towards the drivers side more?

My box has an aero port in it, that fires to the passanger side, hence why my subs are over on the drivers side.. you can see what I mean in my albums on my profile page..

2 reasons really..

1. I left the right side open for the chevy emblem with led backlighting.
2. I am building a false floor and the design of it works well with the subs spaced to the left or right and i chose left.

I will have images of it in the vehicle hopefully today.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Gump2773 said:
2 reasons really..

1. I left the right side open for the chevy emblem with led backlighting.
2. I am building a false floor and the design of it works well with the subs spaced to the left or right and i chose left.

I will have images of it in the vehicle hopefully today.

:undecided: ... :thumbsup: ... :popcorn:

Looking forward to checking out the final product :yes:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Wow you didn't waste any time! In for more pics:cool:

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Wow you didn't waste any time! In for more pics:cool:

False Floor Idea... Dead in the water for now. So I had to improvise.
View attachment 19286

I know none of this is very original but It saves me cargo space and kinda hides the fact I have subs when the cargo cover isnt drawn. (need to buy one)
Needed to be a bit darker but there are blue led's inside so the chevy emblem glows a bit. Will have to reposition them so they illuminate better.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 9

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
YOUNG said:
Have you thought about using led strips for the lighting on the subs? they were very well, and are extremely cheap.

I did use LED Strips. However the ones I used are perhaps a bad brand or something. They are 8" strips. They are not near as bright as expected.
Im soon to start changing over to all Blue(maybe green) LED's in my dome/map lights so I may need to change the sub LED's to perhaps a red or amber. I just need to learn to solder and measure properly LOL! Wheres Blckshdw when ya need him? :rotfl:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Gump2773 said:
I did use LED Strips. However the ones I used are perhaps a bad brand or something. They are 8" strips. They are not near as bright as expected.
Im soon to start changing over to all Blue(maybe green) LED's in my dome/map lights so I may need to change the sub LED's to perhaps a red or amber. I just need to learn to solder and measure properly LOL! Wheres Blckshdw when ya need him? :rotfl:

:undecided: I'm always watching... :tongue: The information you require is posted grasshoppa, you must read and practice. Solder on... Solder off... :biggrin:

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: I'm always watching... :tongue: The information you require is posted grasshoppa, you must read and practice. Solder on... Solder off... :biggrin:

Indeed most of it is. I must have missed the ones with the fine print containing exactly what led's to use and what boards to use, and a ton of other specifics, like how to solder them so they all work. LOL! I have a free day so I guess I better get to reading. MUST HAVE LED RIGHT MEOW!:hissyfit:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Gump2773 said:
Indeed most of it is. I must have missed the ones with the fine print containing exactly what led's to use and what boards to use, and a ton of other specifics, like how to solder them so they all work. LOL! I have a free day so I guess I better get to reading. MUST HAVE LED RIGHT MEOW!:hissyfit:

As far as LEDs and boards, that's all buyer's choice. They are all more or less the same with small variations between them. I get all mine from Ebay sellers in China because they are dirt cheap. Usually the "exact" questions come along the lines of what resistor(s) is/are needed. This depends solely on the LEDs being used, and how you want to wire them up. You might check this thread, and throw out any questions you have there http://gmtnation.com/f33/how-get-started-led-resistor-mods-861/ (so you don't pollute your own thread) As for how to solder, your best would be to watch some Youtube videos, that's how I learned. :thumbsup:

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Blckshdw said:
As far as LEDs and boards, that's all buyer's choice. They are all more or less the same with small variations between them. I get all mine from Ebay sellers in China because they are dirt cheap. Usually the "exact" questions come along the lines of what resistor(s) is/are needed. This depends solely on the LEDs being used, and how you want to wire them up. You might check this thread, and throw out any questions you have there http://gmtnation.com/f33/how-get-started-led-resistor-mods-861/ (so you don't pollute your own thread) As for how to solder, your best would be to watch some Youtube videos, that's how I learned. :thumbsup:

Done Deal! Thank You!

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
YOUNG said:
I just bought my strips off amazon, or ebay, and i can point you in the right direction if you choose to buy some more! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

please do kind sir!

Gump2773

Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
I would prefer to buy locally to keep from having to wait the month for shipping but i doubt i can find anything near that cheap where i live.

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
Took about 2 weeks for mine to come from china, not too bad for such a cheap price.

im looking on ebay at maps and domelights, and all the blue ones i have found are usa sellers and all are about $14+ for some reason.. the china seller might not have them listed at this moment. I will have to check again tomorrow.
but ill look for the strips i used and post a link. Also click this and check out some of the led projects many of us have done. http://gmtnation.com/f33/led-mod-thread-944/

Led Blue Strips [EBAY]140662518394[/EBAY]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online