NEED HELP Stuck at boat ramp

Robbabob

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Gear shifter moves, but indicater doesn't. Switched to 4hi to get out of water, drove out fine. Put it in park to close the gate. Put it in 2wd, transfer indicated it worked, but now it won't gi into gear.

Feel free to call if there is a quick fix.

Thanks!
Robb

Last edited:

Robbabob

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Yo, that is the problem. Tow truck had to lift the truck enough to reach the trans lever to get it into neutral. I am way too big to get under there.

Still may need other parts, but we'll start there when we finish vacation; or my wife's son will start sooner.

Thank you!

Robbabob

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Guess the clip is not sold separately from the cable. Guy at O'Reilly says he sold items that will work. We'll see soon.

Robbabob

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Awesome Mounce! I am on my mobile and was going to search when I got home from Riverbend. I knew I saw a topic at one time with a simple solution.

Appreciate the reply.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Funny enough I broke the bushing on the voy putting the boat back on the side of the house. Kit @Mounce Said is the one. Have fun.

Reactions: Robbabob

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
It's not an awful job if you can get to it. I was barely able to get far enough under it to replace it. It's a tight squeeze getting it in there, I had to use a pocket screw driver to nurse it home in the linkage but it's been fine ever since. Over 6 months with no issue, I did however buy a second one to keep in the vehicle at all times though. One of those simple things that will ruin your day unless you think ahead and have one on hand.

Robbabob

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Tell me this is not as complicated as i feared. I purchased the Dorman bushing (2 pieces in the container) at lunch, a whopping $12, so I don't know what's missing. Washers, shoulder bolt, anything?

Seems too quick and easy....

Robbabob

Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
The new bushing wants to just collapse before it will get through the ID. Can I put it onto the shift lever first to keep it rigid, or will that prevent it (the cable) from going on?

edit: added clarification of the cable.

Edit #2: It's fixed! 100%. easier for me to slide the bushing over the shift lever, and then press the cable over the bushing. In neutral, the TC shifted back into 2HI.

Thanks for all the help!!!!!

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online