Strut bellows and bumpstops.

Tiggerr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Was thinking about pre-assembling my struts, one less thing to do when I tackle suspension rebuild.

Planned on just tossing my old ones since I have new springs/mounts etc. I hadn't planned on disassembling my old struts.

It occurred to me there's no bellows/boots or bumpstops with the Belltech kit.

I assume everyone just reuses their old ones?
Haven't seen really anything out there available other than OEM ones.

No one makes a nice bellows/boot for these? Or something other than the cruddy old stuff on my current struts?

rizzo20

Was thinking about pre-assembling my struts, one less thing to do when I tackle suspension rebuild.

Planned on just tossing my old ones since I have new springs/mounts etc. I hadn't planned on disassembling my old struts.

It occurred to me there's no bellows/boots or bumpstops with the Belltech kit.

I assume everyone just reuses their old ones?
Haven't seen really anything out there available other than OEM ones.

No one makes a nice bellows/boot for these? Or something other than the cruddy old stuff on my current struts?

Tiggerr, here's what I just installed this weekend:
Moog TBSS front springs (#81116) , Moog strut bellow & bump stop (# K160285), Moog front lower spring isolator (#K160112), Monroe upper strut mount kit (#904968) *notice that I trimmed about 1" from new bumpstop*20170404_161747.jpg

Reactions: Tiggerr

Tiggerr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Oh ok thanks! Hadn't seen the listing for the bumpstop and boot.. I know to cut it down to an inch...just hadn't seen anywhere to get them. You'd think belltech would have a boot with a logo on it or something.

I have same strut mount and isolater but #81110 springs I'm I6 2WD

Somehow I missed the listing for those on RA lol :Banghead:
KYB makes one to even cheaper than Moog.....

Last edited:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The Bilsteins I used had that stuff already with it (at least the boot anyway). Seems odd that the lowering shocks - which would need likely a different boot size or style) didn't come with that kind of thing.

Tiggerr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
The Bilsteins I used had that stuff already with it (at least the boot anyway). Seems odd that the lowering shocks - which would need likely a different boot size or style) didn't come with that kind of thing.

They're not special or anything they just don't come with any...
The OE boots aren't a problem and you just have to cut the bumpstop down to 1"

I assume most people just reuse their old ones. I hadn't planned on taking my old ones apart as I have new springs and upper mounts.

Not a huge deal.. when I looked for new ones I guess I missed the listing on RA. I was looking elsewhere I guess..

Figured belltech would have had them or something but nope...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.