Streaming/Connecting iPhone to Stereo

pmsmith2032

Original poster
Jan 6, 2014
Chicago
I would like to make it possible for my daughter to be able to connect/stream music from her iPhone onto the factory Bose stereo in her 2005 GMC Envoy (with steering wheel controls and On-Star) and need some help. Awhile back I bought the TranzIt USB (IS32) and tried to install it per the instructions. However, it has never really worked properly, When I hook a phone up to it and play music, the musical part of a song plays but no vocals (sounds quality isn't very good either). Also, when I turn off the Tranzlt, reception on regular FM radio stations isn't nearly as good as it was before the Tranzlt was installed. I tried contacting iSimple but they weren't much help. Any ideas on what the problem might be? Is there another inexpensive way to give her this ability? Thanks in advance!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I have the BlueFusion in my Envoy, and LOVE it, I use it everyday. It plays anything my android phone throws at it, iHeart, Pandora, YouTube, movies or songs that are on my phone, etc. If you have XM, there is a specific unit to buy, and without XM a specific unit to buy. But otherwise, your radio operates and acts just like normal. This is not a inline adaptor you add for FM modulation. Its becomes a physical part of the radio, and the sound quality is CD or better.

Its fairly easy to install, but the radio does have to come out. Then you just wire a Hot and ground to the 12V port, plug and play on the back of the radio, and run the microphone to wherever you want it.

Generic install instructions:
BlueFusion

I have the iSimple in my avalanche, and i prefer the bluefusion, although there are more options for the iSimple (HD radio, Android/IOS options, etc).

Since you have a 2005, it should be pretty straight foward. If you had a 2002-2003, you would have to make sure you had a radio that said BAND and not AM/FM.

Reactions: Blckshdw

pmsmith2032

Original poster
Jan 6, 2014
Chicago
Never could get the iSimple Tranzlt to work. Bought a FM transmitter instead. I am selling the iSimple Tranzlt for $30 if anyone is interested.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The Tranzit is a FM Modulator, for use on the older radios that dont have the XM capability. For GM radios, its where is says AM/FM or Band on the radio. If the radio says AM/FM than that kit would work. As long as your radio sound quality as it is now, than you wont have a problem. If your an audiophile, than you are not going to like it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher