StockinteriorsDOTcom interior carpet quality?

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Came across stock interiors dot com and saw a couple of shades that could match the patch I cut out. Problem is the samples they sent seem to fray and loses carpet hair like a dog.

Anyone ever use their carpet before? I see they have many shades to choose from which is nice, I would rather continue using a towel than install carpet that doesn't match. However, if it sheds worse than my lab, no thanks.

Or another source? Salvage yards are out of the question.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I know there as one member who bought a replacement for his GMT. It had a lot of kinks and wrinkles initially from shipping, but over time I believe things smoothed out. I think the only other complaint was about the amount of padding that came with it, or lack thereof. Don't recall any comments one way or the other on the durability of the carpet fibers themselves. :twocents:

PS. I've had a link to them saved since the TV days, in the event I decided to pull the trigger and black out my interior. I've looked for other vendors from time to time, but haven't found any.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Playsinsnow

Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
I know there as one member who bought a replacement for his GMT. It had a lot of kinks and wrinkles initially from shipping, but over time I believe things smoothed out. I think the only other complaint was about the amount of padding that came with it, or lack thereof. Don't recall any comments one way or the other on the durability of the carpet fibers themselves. :twocents:

PS. I've had a link to them saved since the TV days, in the event I decided to pull the trigger and black out my interior. I've looked for other vendors from time to time, but haven't found any.

Your link sent me there, thanks!
:2thumbsup:

The padding is not a concern. There is a local auto upholestry shop I will get the carpet padding from. I cut it all out under the area because I got a small whiff of the gear lube that spilled. The rear driver side floor has a contoured carpet and a one inch (?) thick pad. Want to get it as close to oem as possible haha.

Before the snowfalls is the goal.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online