Stock radio power switch getting flaky

Riktar

Original poster
Sep 1, 2017
Neosho, WI
So the stock bose radio in my 07 TB is getting harder and harder to turn off and back on. It takes repeated pushes to get it on or off. After the last time (5 minutes of cursing while pressing the power button) I have decided (for now) to just leave the thing on all the time and turn it "off" with the Onstar/phone button on the steering wheel. Since the TB does not have Onstar (R7M) from the factory the button is just a mute switch.

I did have the thought of just picking up a volume/power knob and replacing my failing one but I am coming up with zero results searching online.

Since I do want bluetooth capability on the Trailblazer, it wouldn't take much convincing to just scrap the stock radio and get an aftermarket HU that is Sirius capable, blue tooth, and the ability to hook up a back up camera.

But since I am a cheap old pollock, I would like to know that finding a replacement volume/power switch is a non option before I drop a several hundred on a new unit.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I know few people who actually cycle their radios every time they enter / exit (except for VW owners, bless their hearts). IIRC, the volume is an outer ring on that knob - does that still work? You could use that as well, since you're used to reaching in that direction (or if the SWC button goes...lol)

IMO, most of the radio parts come as whole replacement radios. There *are* people who repair them (but I don't think they're cheap). A junkyard might yield a replacement (you just have to have someone with a Tech2 add it in, as they're serialized)

All of those would likely be cheaper than new radio + e-z install harness kit. In my state, hands-free is mandated (and I have it in my other car) - so it spurred me to replace the HU.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online