Stewzer55's Project Ellie May

Stewzer55

Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Ellie May is a white 1988 Chevy R30 Cab and Chassis with a 9' flatbed, My uncle has a black 1984 C30 C&C called he calls Jethro, so I call mine Ellie May after The Beverly Hillbillies.

The truck had been sitting in storage for at least 10 years in Northeastern Ohio and ran when parked, and after a while would not start.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. Report this image

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. Report this image

The air cleaner being removed may have lead to the throttle body problems that I have had.

this image

Stewzer55

Original poster
Feb 15, 2014

Stewzer55

Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Yeah it was, I've cleaned and rebuilt it since then. I have to figure out why the brand new injectors are not firing either.

I have not done much of anything with this in a while but I have figured out that the distributor is not getting 12v so no spark, no injector pulse, module is good, coil is good.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Good luck with her. I like that old body style.

Stewzer55

Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
I love them too. I'm on GM Squarebody as well with this truck. This truck was owned by my grandfather and I think it was one of the last ones he ever bought. Before he started getting sick we would try to figure out why it wasn't running, at the time it had seized injectors (I thought it might have had bad injectors, but I couldn't really tell him that) and now its an ignition issue. He wanted to transmission swap it to a manual and I do too

There's only 86K on the odometer and less on the Goodwrench crate engine between the rails. When he first got it, it had a perfect body but sitting back in the weeds and with the driver's weather stripping hanging out of place water got into the cab and its going to need rockers, corners and a patch in the floorboards.

The bed is going to need to be rebuilt but it has a gooseneck ball and a mount for a pintle hitch to go with the big receiver hitch as well.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Can't wait to see this finished, I love the old Chevys. Good luck with the truck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online