Steering wheel swap / upgrade help

sawicksted

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
I have a 03 LS and am planning on doing some upgrades. I was wondering if one can swap the stock LS steering wheel for an LTZ or equivalent model with all the radio buttons. I realise I would likely have to buy a stereo control harness. I have the stock radio - AM FM CD Cassette style.
I was wondering how hard a job it would be to swap out the steering wheel, and if it was possible to hook up the stock radio to the steering wheel controls. I wired in my trailer brake controler so a little wiring doesn't scare me.
I used to own a bonneville ssei and I really miss the steering wheel stereo controls.
Thanks for any advice or help.

Scott

Joey71

Jun 5, 2012
You would need the clock spring with radio controls. Im in the process of looking for one to do the same. I already swapped out the steering wheel. If you find out any other things we have to do please let me know also.

sawicksted

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Me007gold said:
Wheel bolts up, inorder to use controls, you need to add the correct clock spring, as well as do some additional wiring

Thanks guys - now I have a place to start.
I have a line on a recently wrecked TB and it has a lot of the creature comforts. I am going to get what I can out of it and go from there. Since the average temperature around here is colder than I would like I may have to wait a few weeks before I can get to it.
I plan on upgrading the mirrors to turn signal mirrors too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online