Steering wheel buttons for radio do not work with Android HU

Nickie1987

Original poster
May 14, 2023
Germany
Hello. I'm new to the group and I'm hoping someone can help us with a problem with our 2003 Trailblazer. Since it's an American, I think that more people in a US group are familiar with it, in Germany you can't find any information.

to the problem. We have replaced the original radio with an Android radio and also replaced the entire audio system, i.e. power amplifiers, cables and speakers + subwoofer.

We have now tried 2 different adapters. Handbrake, illumination and reverse gear are recognized. The warning tones for lights, ignition keys, etc. all work. But what we can't do are the buttons on the steering wheel.

First we bought an RP3-GM11, plus a PAC SWI-Adapt and the Radio PRO3 adapter. However, no matter what the settings were, it didn't work that the radio recognized the buttons. Replacing the radio was also unsuccessful.

We have now switched to a different adapter, which also outputs all signals, but the buttons still don't work. Nothing is recognized on the radio. It is the METRA OY-INGM1.

I don't think we're the only ones having this problem, so I'm hoping someone can tell us what we're doing wrong or where to start troubleshooting.

A BOSE system was originally installed from the factory, but there is nothing left of it. Basically, the only thing missing is the steering wheel remote control, then everything would work perfectly

All other buttons for the on-board computer and the air conditioning work and the RP3-GM11 adapter also flashed when a button was pressed, so a signal was probably recognized.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Best way I found to make them work:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.