start problems

trailblaze

Original poster
May 5, 2012
Starting problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a 2007 trailblazer at times will not start it acts like a dead battery no power at all had the battery check and load tested checked good also cleaned all the terminals at the starter and alternator tried a new starter relay I found by turning the key on and off several times that it will eventually start but turns over real slow I read several other threads which talked of the ignition switch I replaced that same problem. now I may have created another problem I moved the gear on the starter switch is there any way to know if I have that set in the right position I had a scan run on it and there is no codes the vehicle has 40,000 miles. Thank you for any and all help.

n0kfb

Dec 8, 2011
trailblaze said:
Starting problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a 2007 trailblazer at times will not start it acts like a dead battery no power at all had the battery check and load tested checked good also cleaned all the terminals at the starter and alternator tried a new starter relay I found by turning the key on and off several times that it will eventually start but turns over real slow I read several other threads which talked of the ignition switch I replaced that same problem. now I may have created another problem I moved the gear on the starter switch is there any way to know if I have that set in the right position I had a scan run on it and there is no codes the vehicle has 40,000 miles. Thank you for any and all help.

Man alive that is a long couple of sentences...

In any case, a bad ignition switch would not cause slow cranking. Check your ground connections all the way from the battery negative post to the engine block. If these are good, take your truck to a garage and ask them to check the current drawn by the starter. I am guessing that current draw will be quite high, indicating a bad starter.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee:

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
trailblaze said:
Starting problems

Regardless of what you found...the OEM batteries only last 4-5 years. I would replace it as part of preventative maintenance. You don't want to be stranded.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.