Standalone J1850 Controller HELPPPP

BoostedBurb

Original poster
Dec 18, 2021
Seattle WA
Ok so I made the 500 mile round trip to see the kids in Idaho, 4x4 worked great, didnt even have to chain up.

Found out a few random things tho. The TCCM is booting up it seems with just the key on, but the indicator lights on the controls dont light up until the park lamps/headlights come on, so I gotta dig into that, maybe the 05 uses a slightly different dash dimmer circuit. The Service 4x4 message still apprears whenever its in 4x4 mode, or if I switch to 2wd and back it stays lit, only time it stays off is in 2wd and not changing the mode, but ill try to pull the codes later this week.

So far for our winter weather it has worked well. Its still snowing/ice everywhere so itll be a while before I get into this thing again and start ripping and tearing for the Holley Terminator install.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
the indicator lights on the controls dont light up until the park lamps/headlights come on,

In the Envoy the TCCM is expecting the indicator lights to get a PWM dimming power source from the interior lighting system (BCM) and the TCCM only does the ground side for whatever mode is currently active.

BoostedBurb

Original poster
Dec 18, 2021
Seattle WA
Yeah but that would mean if the interior lights are off I have no indicators......so ill have to hook it up to an acc power in this setup I guess. Ill play around with it more this week.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online