NEED HELP Stalled

cretecrawler

Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Citrus Springs Florida
2006 envoy Denali 5.3, yesterday I left it idle while looking at a house and came back to find it stalled. Tried to restart with no luck. Tried repeatedly over the next 30 mins and nothing. Spins but no start, not even a cough. Got a ride back to a friend's house to call the hook. Came back about 1.5 hours later and tried it b4 he loaded it and it started and ran on truck roll back all the way to their house. So I drove it 45 mins home and it stalled again in the drive as I was parking it. This morning it started fine so I drove it locally to check it out. It stalled this time while just driving normal down the road. No bumps or sudden jarring action that would indicate a broken or loose wire. I got a screen shot of the fault codes.Screenshot_20190526-133352_Torque.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Lot of electrical codes there. May sound dumb but make sure your battery cables didn't work themselves loose somehow or have corrosion in the ends around the crimps.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Are you using a K&N by chance? Reason I ask is the oil can contaminate the MAF meter. Not likely your issue but wanted to toss that out there.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
So many codes would lead me to either one of two things. An electrical issue or a failing PCM. Check fuses, wiring, connections to PCM, power, grounds.

The B2AAA code happens when the adapter or Torque cannot read the particular code. Would need a Tech 2 to decipher.

Could you post the list of all codes?

Reactions: mrrsm

cretecrawler

Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Citrus Springs Florida
So many codes would lead me to either one of two things. An electrical issue or a failing PCM. Check fuses, wiring, connections to PCM, power, grounds.

The B2AAA code happens when the adapter or Torque cannot read the particular code. Would need a Tech 2 to decipher.

Could you post the list of all codes?
Umm not sure what you are requesting "the list of all the codes"

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
I think what Mooseman was asking was for the full list of codes you were showing. Your attached image only showed some of your codes. From the looks of the scroll bar, there were more that were off screen.

There might be something more in that list that provides the "smoking gun" to help pinpoint the problem.

Cheers-

Chris

cretecrawler

Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Citrus Springs Florida
I think what Mooseman was asking was for the full list of codes you were showing. Your attached image only showed some of your codes. From the looks of the scroll bar, there were more that were off screen.

There might be something more in that list that provides the "smoking gun" to help pinpoint the problem.

Cheers-

Chris
Ok Chris, thank you

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There were also a bunch of pending codes which had not fully set yet. Those happen when it needs more than one drive cycle to set. Could you post all of those too please?

cretecrawler

Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Citrus Springs Florida
Here is all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190526-133352_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20190526-133352_Torque.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20190526-173318_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20190526-173318_Torque.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20190527-095637_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20190527-095637_Torque.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20190526-115944_Torque.jpg
    Screenshot_20190526-115944_Torque.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 5

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Looks like there were more of the green pending ones according to the scroll bar. So far, it still looks like an electrical issue. As suggested, a thorough inspection of the fuse box and wiring should be done.

Reactions: mrrsm

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My first P1682 was the fuse block under the hood. I repaired a broken wire. My next P1682 code was the ignition switch.

cretecrawler

Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Citrus Springs Florida
Update..... when I started the truck after the reinstall the starter kept running for a moment or two after releasing the key. To me that says the ignition switch is failing.... thoughts?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It is a cheap easy thing to replace and def can cause weird electrical problems. Usually worth just shotgunning.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That is normal behaviour. I call it "flick start". You just flick the key and it cranks by itself until it starts (or stops after a few seconds if it fails). The starter relay is controlled by the PCM, not the key directly.

You can still try replacing the ignition switch anyway as a quick, cheap and easy shotgun.

cretecrawler

Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Citrus Springs Florida
I came out of work yesterday and it wouldn't start (spin freely but no start. I intended to just wait it out but got bored so I disconnected the negative cable, let it sit for a few minutes and after reassembly it started right up. So I raced it home but before I could get there it cut off on me. Mind you home is only about 5 miles away. I tried the negative battery trick again but it did not work. Changed out the ignition switch while in the parking lot. It started after the wait. But it did not improve the situation as when I got it home, I left it running and while I was gone on an errand run it stalled again and would not start again.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm surprised they still have them new. Some have been able to just repair the old one, others found them in junkers. At least it should resolve the issue.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.