Stall converter questions

matts04tbls

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
I notice SS guys use our I6 converters, can we use the stall converters people list for SS models? I want a 3200

matts04tbls

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Nobody?

matts04tbls

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Figured it out.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
I am one of the people that looked at your post - and admit that I wondered 'why', but I also did not have an answer.

But I'm curious as to what you found out. My guess would be if they can use ours, we should be able to use what they use.
And still curious on the why too.:wootwoot:

Melaronius

Aug 22, 2012
They're used because they have a higher stall than the stock TBSS stall converter. From my understanding, stall is pretty much how high your engine will rev before the torque overcomes the break. In that case I'm guessing they use it as a cheaper alternative to aftermarket converters to get a better launch.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Melaronius said:
They're used because they have a higher stall than the stock TBSS stall converter. From my understanding, stall is pretty much how high your engine will rev before the torque overcomes the break. In that case I'm guessing they use it as a cheaper alternative to aftermarket converters to get a better launch.

Negative....

matts04tbls

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Well I'm back lol. Anyways we can use theirs, yep. Any why?
Because a higher stall converter means better ET. You want to choose a stall rpm that coincides with the start of your torque curve so it locks up 1:1 with your power band

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
Thats why...

It has nothing to do with your "breaks"

Brakes, should hold your vehicle no matter how hard you hit the gas...

matts04tbls said:
Well I'm back lol. Anyways we can use theirs, yep. Any why?
Because a higher stall converter means better ET. You want to choose a stall rpm that coincides with the start of your torque curve so it locks up 1:1 with your power band

matts04tbls

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
McGMT said:
Thats why...

It has nothing to do with your "breaks"

Brakes, should hold your vehicle no matter how hard you hit the gas...

Hit the nail on the head!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online