NEED HELP stacking on front struts

EarlsTB

Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
TN
I have searched and searched and can't get a definite answer. I have the rc lift and ordered the smaxx spacers. Can I stack them in the front??? I am looking to do it Friday and would like to know if its possible without future problems

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not safely

EarlsTB

Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
TN
Thanks guys! I will just install the rc lift this weekend

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
I don't plan to lift my truck aside from what i did with using the tahoe springs in the back but what if he put the spacer at the top and another spacer at the bottom of the spring? Is that still dangerous or can they only be mounted in one place?

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
I don't plan to lift my truck aside from what i did with using the tahoe springs in the back but what if he put the spacer at the top and another spacer at the bottom of the spring? Is that still dangerous or can they only be mounted in one place?

In my opinion, it's should not be done because -as mentioned, safety reasons.

Once a single lift kit isn't enough for you, you should then start looking into a whole "Body Lift Kit" where you modify the complete suspension. OEM parts (lower/upper control arms, tie rods, etc) can only stretch so far before they begin to fail and compromise safe road traveling. Stacking lift kits will make the OEM parts begin to reach-out too far and things can and will begin to break. And hopefully, not while you're traveling at a speed that can kill you or anyone else...

Moderators: If I'm wrong, then go ahead and delete or edit my post here.

Reactions: kickass audio

EarlsTB

Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
TN
I was trying to avoid the body lift cause I have never done one but that might be my next purchase after ss wheels a spacers. Any one want to buy a pr of 1.5" coil spacers? My loss your gain

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I ran top and bottom spacer with rear coils. No issues. The front is the problem area

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online