SS wheels and 285/50's on a Envoy?

Jimmyz

Original poster
Member
Jul 3, 2013
22
Ok, I have another Idea. Just found a set a 20" TBSS wheels for $700. I already have new a set of Goodyear GT II 285/50/20's setting in my garage.

Well the TBSS wheels fit and those tires fit on my 2004 Envoy 4x4 XUV without any lift or spacers? My truck is a daily driver and never gets off the pavement.
 

Pittdawg

Member
Dec 5, 2011
538
Jimmyz said:
Ok, I have another Idea. Just found a set a 20" TBSS wheels for $700. I already have new a set of Goodyear GT II 285/50/20's setting in my garage.

Well the TBSS wheels fit and those tires fit on my 2004 Envoy 4x4 XUV without any lift or spacers? My truck is a daily driver and never gets off the pavement.

Unless the TBSS wheels have a better offset than our stock wheels, no way.
 

Ryda55555

Member
Apr 11, 2013
1,111
I just bought a set with 255/50r20s and in the front i cant even fit my pinky between the tire and strut
 

jrSS

Member
Dec 4, 2011
3,950
Ryda55555 said:
I just bought a set with 255/50r20s and in the front i cant even fit my pinky between the tire and strut

255 50 r the stock size for the ss
 

jimmyjam

Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,634
275/45/20 is the biggest you want to go on ss stockers. anything bigger you need to start modding

*edit
you might be able to fit them in the rear but def not up front
 

Jimmyz

Original poster
Member
Jul 3, 2013
22
I was thinking about using 1" or 1 /12" wheel spacers to clear the upper control arms. Think that will work?
 

Canary2323

Member
Mar 31, 2012
346
I had 285/45/22 on mine with 1 inch spacer and it scraped, had to heat inside fenders and push back a little.
 

Jimmyz

Original poster
Member
Jul 3, 2013
22
Canary2323 said:
I had 285/45/22 on mine with 1 inch spacer and it scraped, had to heat inside fenders and push back a little.

Cool! That's just about the same size tire I'll be running. According to Tirerack, yours are 32'2" tall and the tread is 9.8" wide, My are 31.3" tall with a 9.5" tread.

I think with 1 1/2" spacers and a little inner fender well modification they will work. My truck is a road warrior and never really sees any off road use. I only bought a 4x4 because I can put the transfer case in neutral and flat tow the Envoy behind my Motorhome!
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,473
Posts
639,776
Members
18,702
Latest member
carbie55

Members Online