SS swapability

BuffettTruck

Original poster
May 2, 2018
Florida
How swappable are TB SS body parts with other models? For example, I have an 05 TB EXT and there's not a lot in the way of body kits for the EXT. Changing search parameters to the SS on some sites tends to bring up more options. Obviously the side skirts would be an issue, but would there need to be any major modifications needed for using the front or rear bumper covers/spoilers? The only thing obvious to me is that the SS has dual exhaust, so some adjustment to my current exhaust might be needed.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The body on front and rear is interchangeable. I dont think the SS was dual factory.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Slapping on a tbss front and rear end won't be hard and since your planning on getting the whole tb painted ( I actually read your introduction thread) it's going to turn out nice.

Problem is the parts are expensive and hard to find (used). New aftermarket parts just don't always line up right or just look cheaply made.

I know this because I spent weeks looking for a rear bumper with all the extras (there are 3 parts to this bumper) for my brother-in-laws tbss. We found one out in Virginia, he had no choose but to drive the 6hrs to go pick it up. The rear bumper is now in the paint shop waiting for me to pick it up so I can install it.20180422_193802.jpg

Reactions: Mooseman

BuffettTruck

Original poster
May 2, 2018
Florida
That may or may not be an area in which I might have it easier. Maybe it's the fairer weather or the flat roads of Florida, but I see quite a few SS TBs in my area, so maybe there will be some in the junkyards. Of course, if they're in a junkyard, they're there for a reason and finding parts that aren't thrashed could be a challenge. Still, I went to one nearby yard and found quite a few TBs and Envoys that I could cannibalize interior parts from if need be (I was there looking for second row floor vent bezels). One Envoy even had heated leather seats in it and the switch cluster was still hanging from the door.

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I'd understand the leather seats but heated seat??? YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!! Lol.... don't think you be needing to hook that up. Unless you like the look of extra buttons.

BuffettTruck

Original poster
May 2, 2018
Florida
I have a crushed disc in my lower spine that presses against the spinal cord. Heated seats, or heated backs at least, make a WORLD of difference to me. Especially after long days or long drives.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
The seat heaters are really nice, IMO (I always say they're the best I've ever had in any vehicle - GM or otherwise).

Hi / Med / Lo (and the High is hot enough you'll eventually turn it down, I promise)
PLUS - you can use all three settings only on the seatbacks, if desired

I have fairly severe stenosis in L4 / L5, myself - no comparison to crushed vertebrae, of course.

If you can find a 2002-2004 with the heated seats, they also have a high *and* low height position power lumbar (although I believe you can only use one or the other - not both at once. At least, that's how mine works.)
Later model years went to a single mode lumbar.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Same here for the heated back. it's a godsend for me after a long shift wearing a heavy belt. AFAIK, GM seems to be the only ones that have back-only heated seat. All others are back and butt. I like it so much that I will be retrofitting my LS with them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online