SS front strut/ spring

Charley12

Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
So I bought a complete set of front struts and springs, from what I was told a TB SS. They are not Bilstien HD's. Did all the SS truck come with HD's? Just checking to see if I got ripped off!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Don't think mine were hd's. actually mine were replaced with monroes. Then I replaced them with my belltech setup.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
GM replaced the original blue and yellow shocks with black shocks at some point, don't know if it was 07 or 08

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
jimmyjam said:
GM replaced the original blue and yellow shocks with black shocks at some point, don't know if it was 07 or 08

I don't think they ever came with HD's but rather blue and yellow Bilsteins with custom valving.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
jimmyjam said:

Might be '08 because when we just lowered mine I have the blue and yellow shocks... my truck is an '07...

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
[GMAP][/GMAP]
TXBlazer said:
it was '08.....'07 had the bilstiens, '08 had the GM black shocks in the rear and black front struts.

gm started on 08 models going to the cheap black shocks. Do yourself a favor get belltech sp shocks they are 310 shipped front/rear i have them for and they are much better than the 08 up black shocks.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
My regular 2005 Voy came with black shocks & struts if its applicable to this discussion. The new HD's are a little thicker in diameter than the OEMs.

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
totally different than tbss valving wise.

TXBlazer

Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
NORCAL SS said:
[GMAP][/GMAP]

gm started on 08 models going to the cheap black shocks. Do yourself a favor get belltech sp shocks they are 310 shipped front/rear i have them for and they are much better than the 08 up black shocks.

NORCAL SS said:
totally different than tbss valving wise.

Tony knows what he's talking about! This is the same setup I have, they're much better than the Billsteins.

Charley12

Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
Tony, my thinking is to run the ss stuff up front and then do 2 in drop with bell tech shocks in the rear. I tow with mine often and don't feel comfortable going any lower.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
The front stock ss suspension sits around 32.5 ground to fender lip. And the lowering springs out back ( belltech)sits at 31.5-31.75 ground to fender lip. Your ass will be saggin.

Charley12

Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
NORCAL SS said:
[GMAP][/GMAP]

Will this kit help me get close to the stock stance of the ss? I'm not looking to be crazy low just want a better handling truck with a slightly sportier look.

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
Charley12 said:
Will this kit help me get close to the stock stance of the ss? I'm not looking to be crazy low just want a better handling truck with a slightly sportier look.

yes in front you run the ss springs with 2 16mm spacers on the struts
rear you run the belltech shock/spring combo i sell with the 1 inch spacer

515 shipped

Charley12

Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
Another question for you Tony and whoever else. Can i use suspension max end links with being lowered?

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
Im doing a group buy on those on my tbss site. I would get a little shorter links which i sell

Charley12

Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
Are they on back order? Can i get a better price through ss owners? Sorry for my confusion.
Just saw Tony's post (edit)

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
I have a group buy for endlinks on the owners site going on now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher