squeak when turning right

duckyweed

Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Staten Island New York
my 02 tb squeaks really bad on the driver's side when turning right, and sometimes when I hit a bump or bounce the front of the truck. i put it jack stands ad turned the wheels left to right over and over but no noise when there is no weight on it. I put it back down and had my son turn the wheels back and forth, and I could feel the vibration on all parts of the front end. but can't really pinpoint where it is coming from

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My bet is on the A-arm bushings. When they rotate inside their cans, they squeak.

Reactions: Redbeard

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Ditto Moose. My bushings were shot when I replaced them this past year making the same noise as you describe. You can jack up the tb and place a crow bar under the tires and see if you see any motion in the a-frames. I could see mine move and after removing the a frame the "rest" of the bushings fell on the floor they were so loose.

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
I had a similar issue. I ended up greasing my ball joints. At first I couldn't get any grease into the one on the passenger side. I spoke to a local chassis shop and they suggested jacking it up using the lower control arm as a jack point. I did so and was able to get grease into the ball joint. My squeak stopped almost immediately and I've had no issues since.

Reactions: Blckshdw

JerryIrons

Dec 20, 2011
Duckyweed with the vehicle on the ground you can also get somebody to push on the front corner, bounce it, while you watch underneath. And like was mentioned, get a prybar and start prying stuff to see if anything loose. Years ago a mechanic showed me the prybar trick to determine a loose ball joint.

Reactions: xavierny25

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online