square Fuse

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
So I been looking for the square fuse under the hood of my Tahoe. Not the regular fuses the bigger square looking ones where do you buy these most places don't seam to have them. I know I can order online. Do auto parts stores have them? Hopefully you know what I'm saying.

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Definitely going to need a pic for this one. I'm assuming your referring to a relay. Whats the issue that is happening that makes you believe a fuse is blown?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Not sure about the Tahoe, but the Trailblazers have these things called "J Case" fuses (30-50A) around the edge of the fuse block for big current items. A decent parts store will have them.

View attachment 21779

Attachments

• JCAS50.jpg
    JCAS50.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 64

Laynlow02

Apr 28, 2012
Walmart carries them... Not sure if they go as high as 50 amp though. Unless you're talking about the relay. I got mine from O'reily's.

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
the roadie said:
Not sure about the Tahoe, but the Trailblazers have these things called "J Case" fuses (30-50A) around the edge of the fuse block for big current items. A decent parts store will have them.

View attachment 7974

Right on Roadie this is what I'm looking for I think all the newer GM models use these Fuses. I need it for my brake control GM docent hook these up anymore in the factory you want it you have to put it in. The power and the auxiliary power are coiled up under the hood no longer hooker up to the fuse block under the hood at the factory. My trailblazer was all hooked up ready to go that was an 05. Now you need to run the wires to get power and add your own j fuse for auxiliary power. I'm sure GM's lawyers were in on this some wear :undecided: I include a link to show what I'm talking about.

http://www.eworldz.com/truck/gmt900.pdf

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i always leave the junkyard with a pocket full of fuses

if i see a megafuse, i'm having that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online