Spotify launches a sleek standalone app for Cadillac vehicles

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/21/...dillac-now-available-features-music-streaming

Spotify is now available on 2017 Cadillac vehicles through a new, dedicated app that doesn’t require your phone, Bluetooth, or something like Apple CarPlay or Android Auto to use. The Spotify app, which you can install from the app shop on Cadillac’s infotainment system, streams music while you’re driving by relying on the car’s LTE mobile data connection. (The app caches several songs ahead of your current position in a playlist, just in case you drive through a cellular dead zone.)
The app’s layout and looks closely resemble what you’re already familiar with from spending countless hours playing Spotify on your smartphone. Four main virtual buttons give you quick access to Home, Recently Played, Your Library, and Browse. All of Spotify’s personalized playlists — from Discover Weekly to your daily mixes — are included. And Spotify’s new Cadillac integration is “smart” enough to recognize that you’re listening in a car. So it’ll serve up music geared toward your commute or driving instead of, say, playlists for working out or studying.

I have been using Spotify on my Android Head Unit for quite a while but I sure hope they can fix the issue of losing all your downloaded songs otherwise your data bill will take a hit. I use only WiFi but takes forever to download everything on wireless G.

Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online