Speaker replacment

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Hi guys. looking to give the old 03 a sound upgrade. My 17 year old has the truck now and I want to set her up with some new door speakers And a old sub I have. After 18 rounds of chemo my thinking isn't that great anymore. Witch is the better fit for the doors 6.5 or 6 3/4". Im leaving the stock none boss sterio in. Its been a wile but I know I can still do this. But nothing is easy for me anymore. Im looking to spend around $120.00 on the speakers maybe $100.00 on the amp. Simple yet she her smile.

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Most 6.5" should fit. A 6.75" may need an adapter plate of some sort. Use a site like Crutchfield or SonicElectronix and see what they say should fit, or fit with modifications, then go from there.

Amp recommendations really depend on what the sub can handle, and the impedance. But for $100, you should be able to get an amp that can deliver decent power to it. :yes:

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Thanks. We went with some 6.5 pioneers. going to wait on the amp and kicker for now. She might get a new system. Sounds decent for now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gunsmoke