NEED HELP Speaker feedback

Traz

Original poster
Jan 10, 2018
Michigan
07 Envoy, rear speakers squealing and popping, tone changes with rpm. Thought alternator? Although speakers are probably crap too

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You may try checking your factory grounds first. In the B pillars for the speakers, and at the bottom of the radio stack, on the passenger side, behind that flap of carpet. Make sure those are clean and tight. :twocents:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Does your system have the Bose amp, or speakers powered by the head unit?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You can peak inside the grilles in the dash, if there are tweeters, you have Bose. If not, they're running off the head unit.

Depending on your weather, and if you have a garage to work in, you can try swapping one of the rear speakers with the front if it's non Bose. That will tell you for sure if it's a speaker issue, or wiring in between.

Traz

Original poster
Jan 10, 2018
Michigan
Alright so its Bose, I got some other speakers from my friends envoy and put them in and its still there. its not constant, sometimes when the truck starts it wont make that noise until I hit a bump the right way then the driver rear will squeal

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I believe the Bose amp is behind the passenger side cargo panel in the SWB. Maybe try playing some music, and wiggling the plugs and see if you can cause the sound that way? (replicating the bumps) The amp will be grounded on either the C or D pillar, I don't have one so can't say for sure. That would be something else to check.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.