Sparky's 2007 Silverado NNBS build

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Long time since an update.

Retrofit has had no progress. Dealt with other stuff first.

Last September I put this on, just because:

20160901_200956_zpsz2pc79st.jpg

Put new center cap stickers on the wheels.

20160909_183708_zpslveszlqb.jpg

GF couldn't get in the truck very well, particularly when she was wearing a long dress! So I picked up some open box Lund 5" oval stainless nerf bars from Amazon for $100 off. I have to admit do make it easier for me to do stuff like clean the windshield and such also, so I guess I've benefited too.

20161008_162948_zpsivayrt7e.jpg

20161008_163011_zpsba4ihtbc.jpg

Also installed a catch can on the PCV line, seems to be doing its job.

20161101_173945_zpsimmje281.jpg

Didn't really do anything over the winter. But this spring I got some nice 4" stainless tips and got the exhaust finished. Interestingly enough it created more drone at about 1650 RPM, but there's a fix for that I'll try later.

20170222_130326_zpsnpylwd3q.jpg

20170505_162346_zpshuhenm4f.jpg

Also put 1" taller rear blocks on the back. It was nearly perfectly level with factory rear blocks, but any sort of weight back there made it saggy looking and I hated that. 1" taller put a bit of rake back in, but still not the crazy 2" rake from the factory and it visually isn't that obvious.

Now that it is warmer I should be hopefully getting back to the retrofit soon-ish. Been very busy with working on my house again though, and spending a lot of free time on weekends etc with the GF as well.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
*cough* black out bowties *cough*

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Call me weird but I like the gold bow tie. But that said, it will depend on how the rest of the truck goes. I'm not sure what I'm doing with the grille. Most of the mounting tabs are broken on it, so I may end up replacing it. Debating on a black one (painted black, not a flat black cheap one from a work truck), or body colored from an LTZ, or maybe a full mesh grille with the bow tie in the middle? The headlights will have more black in them (but I'm not blacking them out totally like I did on the Trailblazer), so that may determine what I do with the grille. Then there is still the chrome upper part of the bumper, and I'm not intending to remove all chrome on this truck as it does tie in the lettering, nerf bars, etc.

What I'll probably do is finish the lights first, then decide what to do with the grille, then once I've done that I'll address whether the bow tie stays gold, goes black, or maybe goes to chrome perhaps. If I go with a black grille, I'm not doing a black bow tie.

I've also considered removing the rear bow tie entirely, or maybe putting a small one down next to the Silverado lettering.

At the same time, I don't think I'm going to touch most of that for a while. I need to save up to fix the infamous pickup truck woes - the driver side rear wheel well has gotten really bubbly lately :frown: And my rocker on the one side needs some work too before it gets bad. Blah.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I liked the black out bow tie when people first started doing it. Now they leave the show room with it and almost every one you see has it. Don't want to be that guy. I like a little contrast you know?

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I liked the black out bow tie when people first started doing it. Now they leave the show room with it and almost every one you see has it. Don't want to be that guy. I like a little contrast you know?

Usually they are only regular black, not carbon fiber black :smile:, although we still don't have those options at the dealerships here yet though :2thumbsup:

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I'm a bit of a stickler for them all matching, so if I replaced the rear with an updated one, I'd have to replace the front one somehow, but that won't work because the grill is cut out for this current one.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I'm a bit of a stickler for them all matching, so if I replaced the rear with an updated one, I'd have to replace the front one somehow, but that won't work because the grill is cut out for this current one.

Yep, aren't you planning on replacing the grill?? If you do replace the grill, then maybe you could get the front and back replaced. Have you checked out the newest Silverado, to see of it may fit?

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Won't fit. Different size/shape.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online