sound deadening

hitman

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Hey all im looking to do some deadening in my tb my subs shake the hell out of everything...my question is i was on you tube and there was a few guys who used a roofing material and claimed it was as good as dyno mat anybody out there try it? has anyone on here done dynomat or any equivalent lets see some pics if you have some
Thanks in advance

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
might wanna check out Dave (decembersend) profile, or shoot him a PM.. i know he loaded up his TB with some sound deadening material... there were pix on the OS.. so maybe he'll chime in and post them here too...

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT won a contest for sound deadening If I remember he used second skin, If he doesnt respond here im sure he will have no problem helping you through PM
EDIT :Found the video
[video=youtube;fw2lvN5EVZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw2lvN5EVZQ[/video]

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
hitman said:
Hey all im looking to do some deadening in my tb my subs shake the hell out of everything...my question is i was on you tube and there was a few guys who used a roofing material and claimed it was as good as dyno mat anybody out there try it? has anyone on here done dynomat or any equivalent lets see some pics if you have some
Thanks in advance

You mean Peal and Seal? I've tried it. I noticed that:

-it doesn't hold up well in extreme heat
-it takes 3-4 layers to add up to the thickness of "better" stuff
-it doesn't stick well to itself when layered

I've never tried it on the roof myself but I've seen a few pics of headliners that were ruined after the adhesive failed and it turned into a goopy mess.

STLtrailbSS said:
MAY03LT won a contest for sound deadening If I remember he used second skin, If he doesnt respond here im sure he will have no problem helping you through PM

Yeah man, and here 2 years later it's still holding up well:cool:

Some pics

matting21.jpg

matting8.jpg

matt.jpg

headliner35.jpg

mat.jpg

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
All I have ever used has been Second Skin. Never disappointed, and never had a problem with it coming off. It is also cheaper than most other brands and holds up way better.

Have not put it in the TB yet, first vehicle I have not put a system in....Yet.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i've bought a couple of boxes of stinger road kill expert. thicker than dynamat xtreme. same thickness as secondskin. marginally denser than secondskin. and at only around $100/36ft2 on amazon its considerably cheaper than either

hitman

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Ill have to give that a try.. im not overly cheap the issue i have is there really isnt anywhere to buy stuff here for audio equipment, especially goodies for audio there is a future shop and they never have anything...was just a thought i was honestly kinda skeptical about it IE asking on here first i have never had any experience with it i have kinda always installed stereo equipment with the intention of taking it out so never bothered butting deadening down...seems kinda basic to install

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online