sony xav602bt headunit with galaxy note 3 phablet. Help

xavierny25

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Hey guys hope all is well and heres my issue. So I got my head unit(sony xav602bt) in and installed about 3 weeks ago. I know that my note 3 is not compatible for mirror link thus far but what I have been trying to do is get my phone to mirror onto the unit using a few thing I know should work.

So this is what I got a Isimple medialinx (rca to hdmi wire) then I have got a hdmi cable and last a samsung mhl adater.

On my headunit I have connected the rca's from the isimple to the 1 video or aux1 and the audio to the audio red/white aux input1. I have connected the hdmi cable to the isimple and then mhl adater and lastly my note3 on the end of that.

When I attempt to choose aux 1 on the headunit I get nothing no audio or video from my phone to the unit. The screen on the headunit show no audio/video source.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I may be over looking or not setting correctly.

Don't mind my wiring nightmare.I plan on cleaning it up when I get my new wiring harness.

Attachments

• 20151002_123126.jpg
    20151002_123126.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 18
  • 20151002_124159.jpg
    20151002_124159.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 19
  • 20151002_123613.jpg
    20151002_123613.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 19

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Can you confirm that your additional devices work by plugging them into a TV? I looked at some of those a while back and I seem to remember that some don't work.

Reactions: xavierny25

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
You may want to look through the manual and confirm this, but almost every head unit with a screen I have seen has option to turn in/out puts on or off, and some of them you can select whether some cables are inputs or outputs as well.

It may also be that you have a bad cable or your device is not recognizing the cable. I would verify the inputs on the head unit by hooking up a DVD player or something to it. This will tell you if you have a problem with the head unit or the device/cable.

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
badazzbulldog said:
did you ground the wire that goes to the parking brake switch its light green? if that isnt grounded video wont come on
Yes the green wire is grounded to a bolt some where in the back area where the head unit is. I'm(well the wife while I'm driving) all ready watching DVD's on the go so that's not the issue.
Mounce said:
Can you confirm that your additional devices work by plugging them into a TV? I looked at some of those a while back and I seem to remember that some don't work.
Yes they do. I have a chrome setup and have a mhl set up(when my chrome acts up) to my home 55" samsung curved t.v. (it's a beautiful thing) I 've tried a few different devices my wife's note 3 aswell as my son's galaxy tab with no look.
BlazingTrails said:
You may want to look through the manual and confirm this, but almost every head unit with a screen I have seen has option to turn in/out puts on or off, and some of them you can select whether some cables are inputs or outputs as well.

It may also be that you have a bad cable or your device is not recognizing the cable. I would verify the inputs on the head unit by hooking up a DVD player or something to it. This will tell you if you have a problem with the head unit or the device/cable.
Hmmmm. The back of the unit has a few different out puts and inputs. 1 auxiliary for rear camera. 1 full video out for t.v's and 2 auxiliary video inputs. Btw My wife is going to hit me with a pot if I bring the DVD player into the truck.

I'm still banging my head trying to figure it out. I'm going to go ahead and try another hdmi cable. I did purchase a different brand name mhl adater to see if that was my issue but so far no go.
My only other thought is I got a bad isimple medialinx cable. But I'm skeptical about that.

I tried the chrome attached to the isimple wire and it did work but of course I had to park my voy right in front of my house to get my home wifi network to be the base to make the connection. And once the single drops the connection is gone. There is away around getting the chrome to work using my phone as a Hotspot but I'd have root and a bunch of other stuff to my phone I'm not comfortable doing. Besides I'm upgrading my phone by the end of this month.

xavierny25

Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Here's the back off the head unit I have the PDf File on my phone so I can all ways pull it up to see where I might of gone wrong but I still at a loss.uploadfromtaptalk1444008381143.png

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online