Sometimes... You CAN "Fix Stupid"...

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Sometimes… You CAN “Fix Stupid”...

For all of us Would-Be Diagnosticians (ME included...) who use Cell Phones – Blue Tooth APPs that have these same Torque-Like Diagnostic features… THIS is a Great Instructional Video that Solves Two Distinct Problems. And for @TJBaker57 's "TAPPT" (Torque APP Tweaking) Efforts and for other folks who might also be interested in what Eric “O” from South Main Auto Channel works on from time to time, check out what he does with solving the second problem shown below:

(1) Diagnosing a Non-Classic "No Start" Condition after the Owner Installed the WRONG PCM.

(2) Diagnosing a BAD CAT using STFT & LTFT, the readings of the Upstream and Downstream O2 Sensors along with simultaneous Elevated Engine RPM viewed on the Oscilloscope-like Graphing to confirm this Clogged CAT condition.

Please… ignore the fact that the Subject Vehicle is a Buick Le Sabre… It’s the Basic Principles involved for GM Vehicles that count here:

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Wow. That was more than just the wrong PCM, it didn't even fit on the connectors and the owner made it fit. And probably that one sensor that wasn't working was probably caused by the pin that was pulling out. That guy has no business under the hood of a car.

Definitely Eric O. is the man but his videos do tend to be a bit lengthy. That's where 1.5x replay speed is your friend.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Been watching a lot of his vids lately.. Wish he would get some GMT250/360's in the mix.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
He actually does have quite a few:

For Aztecs, I'm afraid this is what's waiting for you...

Reactions: mrrsm

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I knew he had done 1 video on the Aztek, about a radio VIN Reprogram. He did this with a Autel 908s. I had not seen the brake lines and hoses one. But I wont have to worry about that, Colorado does have some benefits.. No Rust being 1 of them! He is always complaining about that Philadelphia/NorEast Rust.

Reactions: Mooseman

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Echoing @Mooseman... This Link is to Eric "O"'s South Main Auto Channel... Searchable via the Spyglass Icon on the Main Page:

FWIW.... A Google search using these criteria...

youtube south main auto trailblazer

...yields these Videos topical to the Trailblazer and covered by Eric "O" via South Main Auto:

Likewise... This Google search criteria addresses Envoys worked on by Eric "O":

youtube south main auto envoy

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yeah they're lengthy but I can get down with it with his attitude and humor. He's (in my opinion) basically the model mechanic LOL. His positive nonchalant attitude, never too worked up or upset with a vehicle. Extreme attention to detail. The dude's a Saint and helps me pass time in a productive subject.

Reactions: Mooseman and mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online