Something leaking in passenger floorboard?

isaacmaple08

Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Fort Wayne,IN & Tyler,TX
hey everyone, been a while since I was on, i'm trying to figure out whats going on here....i'm sure its an A/C issue as this started....about a month ago....but it's random...usually when the A/C is turned to 60 but sometimes if its 70-75 on a higher output, anyway water will cover the passenger floorboard/carpet....there is no free flowing leak that I have seen just soaked carpet. I'll occasionally get some where i'm sitting if I take a hard right turn...any guesses as to what this may be? I have a repair contract but haven't called them on this yet...let me know what you guys think, thanks!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
That scumbag stole my picture. :hissyfit:

acdrain3-orig.jpg

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The hose doesn't need "fixing" as such. There's a tiny flap valve inside that gets gunked and sticks. Just poke a long q-tip or little wire into it about 4-5" and then step back as a quart of moldy water is about to come gushing out.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Had this happen to an old Dodge I had. It was clogged with some long thing "flowers" from a tree that I parked under. The car was parked up hill so I didn't see all the condensate come out until I got it level and moving. Left a long line down the road.

I guess all the manufacturers use a similar design.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online